What's new

Pretty Much Toast Coin

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
925
Golden Thread
1
Location
NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Hi all dug this coin a while back, I do see 17?? date on obverse at least I think I do. The reverse is pretty much toast . First four pics will be the obverse and the last one will be of the reverse. Just wondering if anyone could id it with what is left thanks for looking and any help you could give.

Bubba65
 

Attachments

  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 023.webp
    023.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 430
  • 024.webp
    024.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 437
  • 025.webp
    025.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 423
  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    36 KB · Views: 413
That is... "if" it was a coin. Weight it and measure it with calipers... that might help someone help you out.
 
Upvote 0
In The photos, the item appears slightly convex, & larger than most Colonial & early US coppers. :icon_scratch:
Measurements including thickness & weight should help :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Those pics are big, bright and sharp. I wish 1/2 the pics on T-net were that clear. I don't see anything though. Once it's been determined to be unfathomable, consider trying electrolysis. You might just find something where everyone was sure there was nothing. Just make sure it's a lost cause first, then you can't do any damage.
 
Upvote 0
This is a longshot, but you could try to make a rubbing. Put a piece of paper over it and see if the rubbing can pick up any detail your naked eye won't see. You want to use a piece of graphite or crayon or something like that. Sometimes this low tech method can pick up details you can't see. Otherwise, I just can't see anything. Good luck!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom