What's new

✅ SOLVED pretty scrapers

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
i had 3 of these and gave one to a good friend
we are trying to figure out what material it is?
maybe i should post this on the rock forum
IMG_0353.webp

IMG_0358.webp

IMG_0359.webp

IMG_0360.webp

IMG_0361.webp

IMG_0362.webp

IMG_0363.webp
 
Upvote 0
wow can't wait to find out what that stuff is. Can you imagine a point in that material!
 
Incredible! Those streaks running through reall give them character. I will go through some of mine for anything similar, and go through Jeb Taylors book again. He shows lots of high plains materials in there.
 
You forgot to say where they are from. If you put them in the rock forum they will want you to crack one open. I never do if I think its a artifact. Anyway they are really nice with color.
 
Nice Larson,they sure have the look of opalized wood to me.
Take Care Happy New Year ,
Pete:hello:
 
this is the other one that i gave to a good friend in texas

MVC-150S.webp

MVC-151S.webpzebra flint?
 
this is the other one that i gave to a good friend in texas

View attachment 921277

View attachment 921278zebra flint?

May be right:dontknow: I had never heard of zebra flint tell now.I'm just a coastal boy myself:laughing7:.We don't see all the pretty colored stones here like that.But did look it up & it looks close too.I had some opalized wood here I had found & that's what came across my mine first.Anyway in my research on it came across this site that might help others on here with some of the types of material.
http://www.arrowheads1.com/artifactinfo/ColumbiaRiverV1.pdf
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 
Last edited:
that's a great link pete....thanks much!
 
that's a great link pete....thanks much!
More then welcome.:thumbsup: it was just something I came across searching.What was neat to me was that how much some of the points on the west coast look like in shape & style to points I find here.But as said we just don't have the fancy material here for the native's to have worked with.Even worst here on the coast as they become worn so bad from water & sand washing around so much.Really works on the edgeing of a piece.Anyway I hope to get back at it myself been laid up for awhile now with a blown disc getting epidurial injections.Have done a couple hunts with the MD on some colonial sites. Just not posted had not really felt like it.I'm ready to check some of my indian sites.:thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
I found a piece this weekend that was black, but had that white/grey color on top. I'm in Tennessee. I'll try to post a pic.
 
Cool Finds! :thumbsup: They kind of resemble material that is found in the Big Horn, and Pryor Mts.
 
ahhh old digger you bring back fond memories of the Bighorn River and its wonderful bounty of fat rainbows and browns.I fished it in the eighties and ive never fished a river like it since.We used to take some of our catch and have it smoked for twenty cents a lb.in billings at a meatlocker smokehouse.
 
ahhh old digger you bring back fond memories of the Bighorn River and its wonderful bounty of fat rainbows and browns.I fished it in the eighties and ive never fished a river like it since.We used to take some of our catch and have it smoked for twenty cents a lb.in billings at a meatlocker smokehouse.


Well, you can still fish for them, if you can catch them. :icon_thumleft:
 
Steve there is a guy in the rock forum and they play stump the champ on a thread. This guy knows every material to man. Just post a picture and when he gets to it he will tell you. Amazing knowledge and very cool scrapers
 
spider vein jasper is what it is
 
ive never seen black jasper before, very nice to know
 
there is a fair amount of jasper around the dakotas and montana in lots of colors
but this is the first spider vein type i think iv'e seen
i'm gonna see if john has any
 
Wow that is some pretty material !!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom