What's new

price of dowsing rods

hall

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just wondering what would be a decent price for a set of dowsing rods and if there are different types for different materials?
 
you can make your own thats what i did made a set out of copper wire or you can get some brass brazing rods and make a set too or a wire coat hanger
 
thanks. is there any difference in the quality of a homemade set vs a production set?
 
I use coat hangers. Works really good for me. I find graves. Then you can find out if it is a man, woman, or a child. Going to try then on other thugs, can't wait.
 
Whatever you use, just make sure both rods get bent the same.....it is good for balance.
 
ok thanks guys. i think i'll give the coat hanger route a go this spring.
 
You can influence the direction and amount the rods rotate by exerting pressure on the stub ends and by not keeping the top or swing arms level. To help me to NOT inflict pressure I normally use stiff straws from a slushy machine or McDonald's and insert the stub ends in them.
 
i read that the tube of a ball point pen works good as well.
 
I've found that I get more accurate results by keeping the tips of the rod(s) lower than the bottom of the handles. So that the rods must react against gravity, prevents chance of false readings that way, especially on windy days.

GG~
 
Last edited:
those are pretty decent prices on a set. the wooden handles are a nice option. thanks for the link
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom