Printing plate piece, ID help needed

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the spot where I found the tokens earlier in the week and I had a bunch of targets today. 36 cents in clad plus a 1943P War Nickel. The most interesting find is what appears to be a printing plate piece that I need help to ID. Any ideas?

Screenshot_2017-07-02-22-07-30.png
(Using a mirror)

Upvote 6
Not sure but your avatar is about to give me a seizure and I'm not an epileptic... :o

Hello Metal Headz. That is a nice piece w good content.

Sorry no help on any specifics but I gotta agree w The Piratess on that avatar.

Good Luck out there. C9

I found one once, and used a roller with ink to stamp it on to some paper. Mine was only a partial plate, ( about 3/4 ) but it was still nice to see the design as it wood have looked "fresh off the press" !

I found one once, and used a roller with ink to stamp it on to some paper. Mine was only a partial plate, ( about 3/4 ) but it was still nice to see the design as it wood have looked "fresh off the press" !

Yeah they are neat, it's the second printing piece I've found this year but this one doesn't have a name of a company on it. I was thinking maybe it was part of a comic strip that was in a newspaper?

I think that stamp is great...Mr Wind had a good suggestion, it could have been used by the local newspaper as a re-occurring add in the local newspaper...maybe the butcher shop was local. My guess would be 1920's-1940s (just a guess)

We have a few members on here who will figure this one out......but it ain't me.I really like printing plates, they are always interesting.

We have a few members on here who will figure this one out......but it ain't me.I really like printing plates, they are always interesting.

Yeah besides old coins, printing plates are now my 2nd favorite thing to find.

Even the pooch looks nervous as heck. There's no combatting that Deadly Avatar!

Hahaha I'm still not changing my avatar. Yinz guys aren't the first to complain since my sign up date :laughing9:

It may have been used as a stock image for more than this establishment - this looks to be close though -

Attachments

• coaxanappetite.jpg
    coaxanappetite.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 37
It may have been used as a stock image for more than this establishment - this looks to be close though -

I was wondering when you were gonna get this one......but I had a feeling you were going to deliver and you did....once again, Great job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back