Prizes of the LBH

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi. Sorry it's taken so long to post, but between working the last couple of days and having to go out of town today, I'm just now getting some free time. Here's a quick list of what I remember winning. I will try to take some pics tomorrow and post them for everyone.

1. A gator digging tool which has already seen lots of use on Sunday.
2. A box of Duracell batteries.
3. A handmade digging apron.
4. a nice credit card case made out of leather.
5. A finds apron by Minelab I think.
6. A very nice 1921 silver dollar. Thanks Shangalang.
7. A subscription to the GPAA complete with gold pan, sniffer bottle, and a large gold claims listing book.

I was also one of the fortunate ones to find a set of the keys. I had hoped to win a metal detector, but when I arrived and saw all the pro hunters I had little confidence in my chances. When I found the set of keys near the big oak tree, I could see footprints in the dirt. I figured someone had already checked there. Then I realized I had my Ace 250 in coin mode and not all metal. I switched to all metal and got a solid hit not 5 minutes later. I was scanning the leaves next to the wood line. I couldn't believe it when those keys in the plastic bag came up out of the dirt. I was thrilled!!!!! Talk about beginners luck!! Anyway, when we had the drawing guess what I won. Yep, an Ace 250!!

I want to thank everyone who donated and help make this hunt possible. Piratedock and I had a blast and made lots of new friends. We searched all day Sunday for the last set of keys and never did find them. So it was decided that everyone would draw for the last grand prize. When his number was called, I felt like all the hard work was worth it. He won a very nice treasure chest filled with coins, stamps, and a few old stock certificates. I was also glad to see Bridge end farms win the gator prize and gold nugget. If anyone deserved it, he did. He is one of the few people that put in more time than we did searching for that &%$#@ elusive set of keys.

The best prize that I was given has to be the friends that I met on this hunt. I have never been to one before, but if they're all like this I can't wait to go again. I really had a great time and want to thank Noodle, Dan, River Rat, and everyone else involved for memories that will last a lifetime. I learned more about detecting in 2 1/2 days then I would have learned on my own in six months or longer. Everyone was very helpful and more than willing to share and teach. Thanks again to everyone for a great time!!! :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gifts & prizes... I'm still trying to figure out who won the pan with the beef jerky, cause I sure wanted to sample a piece of it.

Prizes won...
Calculator - actually won 2 of these, gave the extra to Mental Granny...Thanks, Lady Shangalang! :-*
T-Shirt - Thanks, Lady Shangalang! :-*
7-in-1 Tool with LCD Flashlight - Thanks, Stoney & Mental Granny! :-*
KellyCo Towel - Thanks, Margaret @ KellyCo! :-*
US Bicentennial Silver Uncirculated Set - Not sure who donated this prize...Thank You! :-*

For everyone else who gave me a gift, a big hearty Thank You :-* :-* :-* :-* :love5: :love4:

p4150236 (3).jpg
Gifts & Prizes :love5:
p4240118 (2).jpg
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :love10: :love4:
p4240119 (3).jpg
"Lagniappe Queen" sounds better than "Best Hustler" :D
p4240120 (3).jpg
Gator meets gator :boxing:

p4240121 (2).jpg
I hope whoever won one these Bayou Scene wall hangings will enjoy them as much as I do.​

Attachments

• p4150236 (3).jpg
    p4150236 (3).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 458

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
What a haul there lady! I just love the poster and so cool everyone signed it for ya too! Let me know if no one fesses up to getting the jerky and eating it all themselves and I can send ya some of your own.....provided the mailman or dog don't get it before you do! lol Congrats on some great keepsakes there pretty lady! ~hugs~

PS....what happened to the 4th attachment? Did we miss something really good?? :tongue3:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4th attachment...gators got in a fight. :sign10: I know when the lucky # for the prize was called, someone sitting in the back area had won it. Probably opened the bag & shared it with everyone sitting there. But, after those big suppers we were eating, I just don't know how anyone could eat more. :icon_scratch:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I guess you fixed the gator pic or something because I can see all the pics now! Too cool!

lol you never tasted that jerky! :tongue3: People used to fight over it at the raffles at our treasure club meetings! I will send ya a small package of it....still got your address here! ~hugs~

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
It is definitely some good stuff and I know David would like to know who got it and if they liked it as well. Might have to send you a taste too Brenda but be careful....it is highly addicting! lol

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I know who got the jerky but don't know who.... :-[. All I got was a pic of her back.

Attachments

• jerky winner.jpg
    jerky winner.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 453

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
stoney56 said:
I know who got the jerky but don't know who.... :-[. All I got was a pic of her back.
Thats Gray Clouds wife Ginger She was standing in for him.
LaBeep

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Cool deal. I will let David know they got the jerky and pan. Hopefully they liked it! :thumbsup: Thanks everyone!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
lets see what did I get? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The last night
I got Aligator but I lose her next year maybe :(
I got the gold picker in the nice case that was in her jaws
I got a book to find treasure, really need one to find keys lol :tongue3:

Saturday Night
I got a silver Merc dime
I got 2 coffee mugs and gave one away
A bottle of BBQ sauce that I had detoured to Dan
A bottle cooler
A yearly subscription to a treasure magazine, mmmmmmm maybe it will have a key hunting article :thumbsup:

Sniffer brought me that Kansas 1922 license plate that was pictures in a post from a hunt site of his that I had mention I thought was real cool and neat. He also brought me a 1971 plate too. That gift will always has a very special meaning to me.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
awww that is too cool! I guess I best go look through my treasure hunting magazines for articles on finding keys....that way if I go next year maybe I can find the keys you all missed this year! :tongue3: Okay....will make a copy for you too if I find one! :sign10: Great prizes ya got! Congrats!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do see the Community Coffee gift set but not the pan and jerky. She had asked me about the coffee on the way out. I don' recall seeing Cyangyl & David's donation in her arms but I wasn't looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread