Pro-Find Pinpointer fails Field test

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Big fingers. Small iPhone keys. No shill...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i have a Garrett Pro Pointer got it when they first came out … And it has worked great for me all these years with no problem..I can push it hard in the ground push it any were and it will not sound off only if there is a target will it sound off .. I have never seen one false like that … So all the good one's must have come up here to N.E. Ohio….But i do want to try the Whites new TRX..

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Years ago, had the Tinytec probe shoved in the ground, good vibration, could hear and good depth. Ordered the Minelab and sold a detector so through the Tinytec in the deal. Wish I didn't. Can't hear Minelab PP. Guy I sold it to could from 3' away, so it's my hearing. Bought the Garrett, better but still not right. Bought the Whites TRX seems better than both, but we'll see.
Might see if I could get the Tinytec back and do a side by side test. If better, might trade the Garrett for it (people who bought detector are younger and better hearing).
Shep

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the video. Nice to see how other probes work. I have the Garrett, and I can get it to false if I jam it into the soil - I just dont use it like that. I run the tip and sides over the plug and the hole, and I'm never rough with it. To me its not a race. I like the Garrett PP. For land use, the other companies would have to make something really kick-butt-super-good for me to switch right now.

Unless I missed it, I didnt see anyone mention the Treasure Products Vibra-Probe. I'm probably going to get a new water machine like a CZ-21, I'm going to buy a Vibra-Probe for myself after Christmas. Submersible to 100ft. Pulse Induction. Tilt on/off. Vibration only. Looks like a decent probe to me.

What do you guys think?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the video. Nice to see how other probes work. I have the Garrett, and I can get it to false if I jam it into the soil - I just dont use it like that. I run the tip and sides over the plug and the hole, and I'm never rough with it. To me its not a race. I like the Garrett PP. For land use, the other companies would have to make something really kick-butt-super-good for me to switch right now.

Unless I missed it, I didnt see anyone mention the Treasure Products Vibra-Probe. I'm probably going to get a new water machine like a CZ-21, I'm going to buy a Vibra-Probe for myself after Christmas. Submersible to 100ft. Pulse Induction. Tilt on/off. Vibration only. Looks like a decent probe to me.

What do you guys think?
Like i said before i got one of the first Garrett Pro Pointers out and no matter how hard i push on it …. it will not and never did false i never saw one that did..

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Every pro pointer I've used or my friends has had this glitch. After awhile it get really bad, they starts to false without doing anything. I take it real easy on the pp now

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the sun ray inline pin pointer on my Coinmaster GT and love it. No complaints

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoy my garret pp. I can't make my mind IP to get the new waterproof orange pp by garret, or the trx........decisions, decisions.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a sunray on my old gtax1250 and use a propointer with my atp.no comparison for speed of recovery..pp wins hands down for me.cannot count how many times I had to switch gtax to no discrim to even get a signal...didnt like having to wiggle it to get signal...and finally I would often stand up and start hunting after retrieving a target only to eventually realize I still had sunray switched to probe.
I like my propointer,my wife loves hers,by buddies love theirs...none of us ever had any trouble with it.My buddy's dog got a hold of his and destroyed the rubber switch...garrett actually fixed it under warranty for free and he told them what happened.
Either luck of the draw or its a great pp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread