What's new

Probably My Best Copper!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the New Brunswick one cent I dug on my last hunt. I could tell right away that it was in better than decent condition...but wasn't expecting this. No pitting at all and no wear. Look at the hair and the crown...nearly perfect. This one goes in "the box"!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160321_220213_edit.webp
    IMG_20160321_220213_edit.webp
    114.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20160321_220226_edit.webp
    IMG_20160321_220226_edit.webp
    68.4 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 74
Beautiful coin, congrats.
 
Great job with the cleaning. What method did you use?
 
This is the New Brunswick one cent I dug on my last hunt. I could tell right away that it was in better than decent condition...but wasn't expecting this. No pitting at all and no wear. Look at the hair and the crown...nearly perfect. This one goes in "the box"!

Almost look's Silver.

It must have been in perfect condition's, to keep it in that pristine state.
 
Just hydrogen peroxide. I started with a few hours in cold HP followed by 30 minutes in hot HP followed by overnight in cold. Brushing and rubbing with a toothbrush and clean cloth between dips. Most important is to keep water out of the process completely. That's it!

Great job with the cleaning. What method did you use?
 
Yup those coppers don't come any nicer than that around here!
 
That is a very beautiful coin. Great job cleaning it. Congrats.
 
Great looking old copper! Congrats! :occasion14:
 
Just hydrogen peroxide. I started with a few hours in cold HP followed by 30 minutes in hot HP followed by overnight in cold. Brushing and rubbing with a toothbrush and clean cloth between dips. Most important is to keep water out of the process completely. That's it!

Well it came out great. You can't really tell you scrubbed it either. Nice work.
 
A beauty! Way to go!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom