Professional Reviews

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can try http://losttreasure.com/fieldtests/index07.cfm

Now it depends on what you call professional. I have done a review or two under a pen name and you have to remember bias enters into it since if you give a bad review of a product that company won't let you field test anymore. You can trust the facts on the controls and the workings of the features, but it's the finds the Writer makes with the detector that the truth can be stretched.

There are other forums where they post the way the detectors work, but you never know it the guy is on the payroll or has a grudge against the detector manufacturer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I prefer user reviews. If I see a unit and wonder about it, I do a search on google for "_____ reviews" and then read all I can find both professional and user, but prefer the reviews of people actually using the unit day in and day out......

R

robert roy

Well, you can always go to www.metaldetectorreviews.net but some people are a little suspicious of the reviews there. It is possible that some of those reviews are selfserving, made up by dealers trying to push their detectors. Who knows. However, if you go to websites like www.findmall.com and post your questions there, you will find many people willing to give you their exprience with the detector in question, but as already said, they will probably be biased.

Robert R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread