What's new

Proof Question

Rojas108

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have just been keeping the silver halves. However I was just reading the beginners crh'ing guide and htey said anything with an s and anything after 2001 was sets and not meant for circulation. So are you guys keeping all of these also?
 
Upvote 0
It depends on the collector. I personally keep any excellent condition NIFC (Not Intended for Circulation) from after 2001, but toss back the ones not in excellent condition. I also keep all proofs, clad or not. However, I know some CRHers here no longer keep clad proofs because they already have so many of them.
 
i keep all proofs unless they're in very bad condition.
NIFCs - that's up to you; some do, some don't...
 
I'd keep all proofs, even if they are crummy looking. I believe unless you get solid rolls of proofs at a time per box, just keep them for face value... They could have some premium, if not, they're still proofs that were not intended for circulation...

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

BuffaloBoy
 
I have been keeping all coins that was not made for circulation. I am hoping to get a couple of full rolls and then try and sell them on Ebay......Matt
 
I found my first proof in a teller tray yesterday - a 1976 bicentennial clad Kennedy half. Was hoping it was a 40% silver one (I think they made some right?) but it's clad. Nevertheless, it's in a great shape and a really beautiful looking coin, so I'll keep it. Plus, gives me an excuse to add a bicentennial Kennedy to my collection. The circulation ones usually look kinda crummy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom