What's new

Proper chat protocol

spartacus53

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
10,624
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were to enter the chat room and there are several people already there. Is is proper to just type "Dude" and see if the host replies? Or if anyone does for that matter. Seems like several people go there to sleep :sleepy2:
 
I've noticed some spend a lot of time in the Chat room by themselves. :icon_scratch: I'm guessing they're looking for Chit. :dontknow:
 
Spart... what exactly do you mean by a "chat room"? Down heah, we call 'em a "bar"...
 
I Believe some Log in, than leave without logging out.

Maybe because they forgot, or are watching for a particular person
to log in.

used to be if you left without logging out,
the server would automatically ban you from chat,
because of the strain on the server.
not sure if that still happens.
 
Thanks for clearing that up Jeff...

CaptainRobin, with 526 posts under your belt, you'll need another 474 posts to reach Bronze member and enter chat for free :thumbsup: So may I suggest you hit the "Today's Find" and start posting away...

You can use my copyrighted, patented reply too - Nice find :thumbsup:

Your post count will increase dramatically :laughing7:

For any that even care, the first online chat meeting of The Royal Order of Raccoons will be held Thursday night @ 9pm..

I think the Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler, will be presiding over this informative chat :thumbsup:
 
Well, if I was in the cat room, I would just be typing "meow"! LOL!
Good to see ya, Spart, ole friend! :icon_salut:
 
What I have found that I don't like about the chat room is that there may be talk about 5 or more subject going on at any one time. I get so confused I don't know who is talking about what. Maybe it's just Old Timers disease kicking in? Monty
 
Monty said:
What I have found that I don't like about the chat room is that there may be talk about 5 or more subject going on at any one time. I get so confused I don't know who is talking about what. Maybe it's just Old Timers disease kicking in? Monty

You & Me Both.

I Tried Chat when it was New.
By the time I Was ready to Respond,
The Conversation had Moved on :tongue3:

Now when asked I Just say No.

If it's not for Public Consumption,

PM's or EMails Please :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom