100_0318.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 299

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Re: Prospect Hill Baptist Church "In God We Trust" origins here

I lived in an apartment on 8th out of high school. Have you been to "Midgetville" in Ridley? I know it is not PC but that is what we knew it by growing up. I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the homes. I remember the doors in some of the houses being under six feet tall. I heard one of the morning radio shows is looking for it but haven't called in. The people that live there don't seemed to like to be bothered so I have said told them. We used to stop at Little Hut to split that huge cheesesteak or at Venice when we wanted to sit and not have a half pound of cheesesteak on the floor of the car. Delco still has the best cheeseseaks!

OP
OP
F

fyrfighter17

Feb 24, 2007
Essington,Pa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CanUDigIt said:
I lived in an apartment on 8th out of high school. Have you been to "Midgetville" in Ridley? I know it is not PC but that is what we knew it by growing up. I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the homes. I remember the doors in some of the houses being under six feet tall. I heard one of the morning radio shows is looking for it but haven't called in. The people that live there don't seemed to like to be bothered so I have said told them. We used to stop at Little Hut to split that huge cheesesteak or at Venice when we wanted to sit and not have a half pound of cheesesteak on the floor of the car. Delco still has the best cheeseseaks!

Venice and Little Hut are still there :thumbsup: midgetville is almost directly across from Taylor Hosp.I've been there several times when I was young and I heard that about the residents also but never had a problem there...maybe I'll head that way soon :D

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30

My wife actually listens to Preston and Steve in the morning and they were looking for it. I do remember seeing people draw their shades as I drove down the road. I didn't call in because I hear it became a nuisance for the people living there. I played hockey growing up so I know Taylor, DC Memorial (born there) and Croter well.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Intresting post, thanks for sharing.

Fossis..............

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guess we also know where "putting your two cents in" comes from. great post did not know the history of IN GOD WE TRUST

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread