What's new

Psychic Green Cross Medallion? SOLVED!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
4,371
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Largo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this today with a 1949-s Roosie, and a smattering of Wheaties. Only mention the Roosie because the Whitman folder has been crying out for that one for a while, and The Dark One foretold that it would be so. I'll take any small victory that I can right now, it's been way too long since I've dug anything of anyone's interest. The Medal/fob/who the Hell knows thingy does have my interest, however. Little larger than a quarter, made of copper or brass, the previous owner has managed to sand it down to a bothersome curiosity. It appears to be a man wearing a turban holding something. Something maybe round, globe like. It also has what appears to be rays projecting from his head. The small circle underneath him has the same logo as the Red Cross, but says Green Cross along the top inner circle. (The bottom half is unreadable.) Getting way too much current "Green Cross" info on the internet, nothing vintage. This appears to be from the 1940-50's to me. The back looks as if some child was rubbing it back and forth across the sidewalk long ago near where it was found. I thought some magician fob thingy at first, but having the Green Cross, well, I just don't know. You all know all. I depend on you. Others as well. Don't let me down. Don't let US down. Is it magical? Should I keep it? Sell it? Rebury? Pass on to someone I dislike? Without them knowing? Wear it around my neck? Sand it down some more? Anything!
Carl
 

Attachments

  • Green Cross.webp
    Green Cross.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 943
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

That, appears to have something to do with yoga and meditation hence the third eye atop the turban. I don't know. It appears he's holding something too. Cool find.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

I found a medalion kinda' like that only mine turned out to be a sign of the zodiac. After a little electrolisis I could see it was the sign of cancer. It had some gold plating still left on it and most likely went on a necklace. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

Join me in a chant of Oh namah Shivaya?

Or maybe the medallion is worn to balance the chakras?

Chakra Khan everybody ;D

ok, ok, ok...all joking aside...it is some sort of meditation medallion.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

The "Green Cross" emblem on the bottom is what is throwing me off. Was it a society that was around in the 1940's? It does have a Yoga/Spiritual feeling to it, but again the Green Cross is causing confusion. There is a Cross of Saint Lazarus, that uses the cross as a symbol, among a few hundred others. It was dug where coins no newer than the 1950's were dug.
Carl
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
The "Green Cross" emblem on the bottom is what is throwing me off. Was it a society that was around in the 1940's? It does have a Yoga/Spiritual feeling to it, but again the Green Cross is causing confusion. There is a Cross of Saint Lazarus, that uses the cross as a symbol, among a few hundred others. It was dug where coins no newer than the 1950's were dug.
Carl
I found what appears to be your Green Cross logo. green cross logo.webp


This link talks about the green cross on the LAPD uniforms. It says the National Safety Council began in 1912 with this Green Cross logo. http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106028
I havent had a chance to search any connecrion to the yoga fellow.

I have seen coins and other items that appeared like they were rubbed on a sidewalk. It was probably run over many times by vehicles on the pavement.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

I would say its definitely an older National Safety Council medal of some kind. I think it could be some kind of worker. Too bad its so worn.
 

Attachments

  • green cross.webp
    green cross.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 809
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

bigcypresshunter said:
I would say its definitely an older National Safety Council medal of some kind. I think it could be some kind of worker. Too bad its so worn.

Worker is what I thought as well, maybe holding a globe of the earth, with the wear making it look like something it's not. Good call BCH. The worn area under the possible globe looks as if it could have contained writing, just like above his head. Very annoying wear pattern on this item, to say the least. Still trying to figure the fan-like items to the left and right side of the globe. It does give the appearance of a bizarre yoga position, squatting on the Green Cross. It is starting to annoy me.
Carl
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

I agree with worker of hazard safety rather than meditation.

Found the green cross logo on this page:

http://www.uchsc.edu/safety/
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

the green cross --differant type than the red cross --- for vulcans?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

Vulcans meaning?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

seriously folks --there is a "green cross" similar to the "red cross" but of a non christian type of background -- there is also the "red creasant" muslim aid group as well ( both are in the far east / middle east -- and little known of in "our" western world)---the vulcan jest was because vulcans supposedly have "green blood" -- copper based rather an iron based.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

The green cross may not be the safety cross logo. Notice the cross on the medallion touches inner circle whereas there's space between in the safety logo. The figure does have a meditation look to it :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

I always like to take a different view of things...to stimulate my mind.
 

Attachments

  • Aura007.webp
    Aura007.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 663
  • Aura0007.webp
    Aura0007.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

According to this site the green cross can represent 'first aid' so I'm still leaning towards health rather than hazard safety. Funny how the figure in medal could represent either :D

http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/lazarus.html
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

IronSpike said:
The green cross may not be the safety cross logo. Notice the cross on the medallion touches inner circle whereas there's space between in the safety logo. The figure does have a meditation look to it :icon_scratch:
I think the green cross logo is the same as posted. The words on top are exactly the same and there is also words on bottom. The cross appears larger because its smashed and flattened. I thinks its too close to be anything else. The problem is that the National Safety Council covers a zillion different applications.

If its a worker, I cannot understand the sloped table or the globe like object. It looks as if its sloped from the weight of the "globe." Because the medal is so smashed, it may just look like a person. I dont think its the Yoga position represented. You can see the "table" is also overlapping the green cross logo and appears larger because the medal was flattened and smashed. Just my opinion.

The Green Cross is international and reaches into Asia.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

Bigcypresshunter wrote: "If its a worker, I cannot understand the sloped table or the globe like object. It looks as if its sloped from the weight of the "globe." Because the medal is so smashed, it may just look like a person. I dont think its the Yoga position represented. You can see the "table" is also overlapping the green cross logo and appears larger because the medal was flattened and smashed. Just my opinion."

The 'sloped table' in reference, to me looks like a flying carpet. I'm with Carl, this thing aggravates me.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

Likely Guy said:
The 'sloped table' in reference, to me looks like a flying carpet. I'm with Carl, this thing aggravates me.
Ah it could be a genie on a flying carpet.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

looks like a buddhist type "buddha" with the eye / rays of enlightement
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom