What's new

Psychic Green Cross Medallion? SOLVED!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
4,371
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Largo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this today with a 1949-s Roosie, and a smattering of Wheaties. Only mention the Roosie because the Whitman folder has been crying out for that one for a while, and The Dark One foretold that it would be so. I'll take any small victory that I can right now, it's been way too long since I've dug anything of anyone's interest. The Medal/fob/who the Hell knows thingy does have my interest, however. Little larger than a quarter, made of copper or brass, the previous owner has managed to sand it down to a bothersome curiosity. It appears to be a man wearing a turban holding something. Something maybe round, globe like. It also has what appears to be rays projecting from his head. The small circle underneath him has the same logo as the Red Cross, but says Green Cross along the top inner circle. (The bottom half is unreadable.) Getting way too much current "Green Cross" info on the internet, nothing vintage. This appears to be from the 1940-50's to me. The back looks as if some child was rubbing it back and forth across the sidewalk long ago near where it was found. I thought some magician fob thingy at first, but having the Green Cross, well, I just don't know. You all know all. I depend on you. Others as well. Don't let me down. Don't let US down. Is it magical? Should I keep it? Sell it? Rebury? Pass on to someone I dislike? Without them knowing? Wear it around my neck? Sand it down some more? Anything!
Carl
 

Attachments

  • Green Cross.webp
    Green Cross.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 943
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

by jove I think hes got it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

Great job, LG! :thumbsup: A turbin wearing safe driver....obviously he was not a taxi cab driver to get that award. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

bigcypresshunter said:
Likely Guy said:
EUREKA! Info from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-NATIONAL-S...0?hash=item48356dce2e&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

It's a National Safety Council safe driver award medal. Similar to this patch:
Where is the turbin? A safe flying carpet driver. lol :wink: I think you got it. Those clam things are just part of the ribbon. Its a BANNER ID for Likely Guy! :hello2:

Actually BigCy, you already IDed it in post #6! All I did was find a picture.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

Likely Guy said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Likely Guy said:
EUREKA! Info from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-NATIONAL-S...0?hash=item48356dce2e&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

It's a National Safety Council safe driver award medal. Similar to this patch:
Where is the turbin? A safe flying carpet driver. lol :wink: I think you got it. Those clam things are just part of the ribbon. Its a BANNER ID for Likely Guy! :hello2:

Actually BigCy, you already IDed it in post #6! All I did was find a picture.
Yea thanks but I searched and couldnt find a match. I only IDed the logo. You found it. It all makes sense now. :thumbsup:
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion?

Great ID Likely Guy :hello2: Thanks for solving this tricky piece :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion? (SOLVED!)

I knew that it was just a matter of time before the geniuses out at TreasureNet would find the info out. KUDOS! Especially BC and LG, ya dun good. Really thought it was interesting that the ground wear patterns made it look like something it's not. Staring at it now, it still looks like a turbaned, yoga-guy, with his legs impossibly positioned. Like I mentioned earlier, it really looks like some kid to some time and effort to obliterate any details. Thanks to all, this is the reason why I and others post here at this site.
Carl
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion? (SOLVED!)

CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Like I mentioned earlier, it really looks like some kid to some time and effort to obliterate any details.
Its possible but I believe its more likely been run over on the pavement many times.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Psychic Green Cross Medallion? (SOLVED!)

bigcypresshunter said:
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Like I mentioned earlier, it really looks like some kid to some time and effort to obliterate any details.
Its possible but I believe its more likely been run over on the pavement many times.

Yep, makes sense, it could have, then finally landed in the curb where I dug it. Any idea what era they started?
 
Upvote 0
this is it? A frickin safety medallion? Gawd I feel so robbed and damn near violated.
Why?
I dunno, I just do.

The 'green safety stuff' started around 1910.
 
Upvote 0
The link I posted said 1912.
 
Upvote 0
Goodness, that's an Awesome ID! I looked and looked for this darned thing, and I never replied because I couldn't find it anywhere! (All the while hoping that nobody would mention my name in the thread and compel me to have to reply to it :D )

Excellent work, folks. :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Green C Please :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Goodness, that's an Awesome ID! I looked and looked for this darned thing, and I never replied because I couldn't find it anywhere! (All the while hoping that nobody would mention my name in the thread and compel me to have to reply to it :D )

Excellent work, folks. :hello2:

Almost did! Or at least a pm.
Carl
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom