Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! You ARE a very angry person...

Buzz off, I'm not your patient.

Go peddle your snake oil on a "Look at me I'm a hero for helping the poor damaged veteran" forum, it' getting old here.
It's all you talk about and I for one am getting sick of your spouting your theories about what's in my head and how "damaged" I am.

I broke hajiis. That's what I did. "Oh booo hoo.." I regret none of it and you need to stop seeking a pat on the back for having read the VA diagnosis handbook.

Good Will Hunting was a movie, and I'm not going to cry and give you a hug for "saving me from my demons"
Yeah, I have a TBI and been "diagnosed" with PTSD..
And I sleep VERY well at night. What DOES piss me off? people trying to tell me I have a disorder so they can have a job "saving me from it"

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Buzz off, I'm not your patient.

Go peddle your snake oil on a "Look at me I'm a hero for helping the poor damaged veteran" forum, it' getting old here.
It's all you talk about and I for one am getting sick of your spouting your theories about what's in my head and how "damaged" I am.

I broke hajiis. That's what I did. "Oh booo hoo.." I regret none of it and you need to stop seeking a pat on the back for having read the VA diagnosis handbook.

Good Will Hunting was a movie, and I'm not going to cry and give you a hug for "saving me from my demons"
Yeah, I have a TBI and been "diagnosed" with PTSD..
And I sleep VERY well at night. What DOES piss me off? people trying to tell me I have a disorder so they can have a job "saving me from it"

YOU are confusing ME with someone else... I don't work in VA Hospitals.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a little heated in this thread.

Here is why.

I was "fine" until I asked for something to help me sleep... I was having trouble adjusting to a regular schedule after 6 years of rotating patrols and days without sleep.
"Well, we should look at WHY you aren't sleeping" (guy with paper on wall)
"Hmmm....well, we think you have PTSD.
"But I just can't sleep sometimes and over the counter stuff makes my hands hurt. What the hell? Forget it then.."
"You just told me you are having symptoms of PTSD....well, I will give you something to sleep then. But you now have PTSD. You have to take klonopin, depakote, zyprexa, seroquel and see a therapist or we will stop your benefits and have you committed."

Congratulations, you now have a customer.
And heck, if we try hard enough, we can support three, maybe four "counselors" and more bureaucracy by over inflating my not being able to sleep.

My former military service is now bigger business than the equipment I used to kill.

I Dig Jesus

Feb 10, 2013
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster DB / Classic ID / M6 Matrix / & now The Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two words........Wait for it, ..................................Metal Detecting

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Here is why.

I was "fine" until I asked for something to help me sleep... I was having trouble adjusting to a regular schedule after 6 years of rotating patrols and days without sleep.
"But I just can't sleep sometimes and over the counter stuff makes my hands hurt. What the hell? Forget it then.."
"You just told me you are having symptoms of PTSD....well, I will give you something to sleep then. But you now have PTSD. You have to take klonopin, depakote, zyprexa, seroquel and see a therapist or we will stop your benefits and have you committed."

And heck, if we try hard enough, we can support three, maybe four "counselors" and more bureaucracy by over inflating my not being able to sleep.

My former military service is now bigger business than the equipment I used to kill.

Critical Recovery ,You have experienced the **** of life,every one has lied to you,you see the truth off it all,don't hate it,if so it will grow.GodBless you my Friend

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tens of thousands suffered with PTSD during and after WWII , it was called battle fatigue then, was that an unjust war, it has to do with war experiences and stress.................

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
WOW! You ARE a very angry person...

A VERY bitter one too! Hates the world for something he chose to do. Always bugs me that stuff!

(And before anyone starts on me..i've done just as much, if not more than he (apparently) has...nobody here gives a toss about my PTSD!)

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This message is hidden because Dano Sverige is on your ignore list.

Drano Sewage!

I knew you couldn't resist!

I like to go to my profile to see when you "visit" That way I know you are sniffing my "recent posts"

Go lay down, grown ups are talking..... Still waiting for you answer my questions about your supposed 'SAS' service.....
Too bad it's not a felony in the UK to claim false military service like it is here in the US.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
This could be the 2nd thread that'll have to vanish to save your very confused little butt. SAS? :laughing9:

If you take me off ignore i promise to change my pic to a girl so you can REALLY insult me. Or i could pretend to be a coast guard?....C'mon, be brave for once in your life.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Man I am glad I put drano on ignore.
Anyways, it took papa 2 months to sit on a toilet after war II.
And you never woke my dad from a sleep, unless from a distance.
Both good men, both saw combat.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting topic. Lots of different views. I know what PTSD is to me. I volunteered and not asking for them to keep their promises anymore. I can understand some being angry, you don't recover from certain things. I was medically discharged over 20 years ago. Never treated although I asked. Have had derogatory info placed in my medical files with no recourse to have it addressed. My worst enemy in all this was the many VSO who say they will help you. Im a walking, talkin, example of what is wrong with how PTSD is dealt with. Peter Pan had it right, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts............be scared people. Be very scared.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Here is why.

NOT what I would have done... I woulda LISTEN.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
This could be the 2nd thread that'll have to vanish to save your very confused little butt. SAS? :laughing9:

If you take me off ignore i promise to change my pic to a girl so you can REALLY insult me. Or i could pretend to be a coast guard?....C'mon, be brave for once in your life.

FORUM may be "2nd Amendment"... BUT! "Thread" is about PTSD.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
A VERY bitter one too! Hates the world for something he chose to do. Always bugs me that stuff!

(And before anyone starts on me..i've done just as much, if not more than he (apparently) has...nobody here gives a toss about my PTSD!)

HAW! PSTD is VERY different when you ALSO have TBI!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions