What's new

Pulled my first 1909 Lincoln

Weasel_Loader

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
I just started CRH with pennies and went through my first box a few days ago. Only found 5 wheats and ended with just about 20% coppers.

Yesterday my wife pulled out a bag of about 8 or so penny rolls that she rolled about a year ago from our change jar. I forgot all about them. Broke them open and in that 8 rolls, I found 7 wheats and one of them was this well worn 1909. Can't see any mint mark or VDB on the back. :-\

P1000462.jpg


P1000463.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Even though it is all torn up, just think of the history of that thing and where it could have been. I wish all old coins had like a video or a book that came with them to say where they had been and what they had seen during their life of circulation. It would be amazing!
 
That's really cool. Another wheaty for the stash ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom