TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't bucket list it. Good finds are few and far between, there must be many locals and/or tourists hitting the beaches there. I've been many times with minimal results. Yes I've found good stuff, but better elsewhere. Just my thoughts.
I tell people, if you hunt a busy place and find nothing, someone else is almost certainly hunting instead of you...
I remember an experience I had 5-6 years ago in Colombia South America on some Tourist Beaches outside Cartagena or Barranquilla there...
We took a boat to a tourist island where there were chairs and people served you and you paid in cash... and the only way on and off this place (for tourists apparently, I don't know about locals) was via boat... So you go and spend several hours there eating and enjoying the beach, buying beer and food and other stuff... you know...
Sooo I thought :icon_scratch::sunny::icon_king: there would be tons of stuff in the sand around those chairs and the public areas...
but it soon became clear that someone else MUST be hunting there because I found 2-3 coins and 4-5 pull-tabs :dontknow:
It was as if someone had vacuumed the sand around everything there was such a lack of signals.... But not to be deterred... I entered the water and hunted waist deep and there I found quiet a bit of coins, no major jewelry finds, but a lot of coins... Soo clearly someome was keeping that place clean... Most tourist beaches I hunted in Colombia were like that... Barren.... accept for a private beach I hit with my Girlfriend where only guests were allowed to be...
Found a lot of money there and some jewelry... AND NO... Nobody told me that they saw others hunting these places, just I didn't find anything.. :dontknow:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2
You are one of the best
Congratulations on your major achievements in the water over the years
Im a has been :tongue3:
Im retired and thought id be able to hunt even more
think ive been out less than 10 times in last few yrs
my feet finally got healed - wound just opened up again
i return to doctor next week :BangHead:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell people, if you hunt a busy place and find nothing, someone else is almost certainly hunting instead of you...
I remember an experience I had 5-6 years ago in Colombia South America on some Tourist Beaches outside Cartagena or Barranquilla there...
We took a boat to a tourist island where there were chairs and people served you and you paid in cash... and the only way on and off this place (for tourists apparently, I don't know about locals) was via boat... So you go and spend several hours there eating and enjoying the beach, buying beer and food and other stuff... you know...
Sooo I thought :icon_scratch::sunny::icon_king: there would be tons of stuff in the sand around those chairs and the public areas...
but it soon became clear that someone else MUST be hunting there because I found 2-3 coins and 4-5 pull-tabs :dontknow:
It was as if someone had vacuumed the sand around everything there was such a lack of signals.... But not to be deterred... I entered the water and hunted waist deep and there I found quiet a bit of coins, no major jewelry finds, but a lot of coins... Soo clearly someome was keeping that place clean... Most tourist beaches I hunted in Colombia were like that... Barren.... accept for a private beach I hit with my Girlfriend where only guests were allowed to be...
Found a lot of money there and some jewelry... AND NO... Nobody told me that they saw others hunting these places, just I didn't find anything.. :dontknow:
if possible - you got to go deeper out or deeper down
I wish i could go farther out at a ton of places - ive found nice gold on my tip toes at neg. low tides
believe me theres more out there
I got spots that get hammered in summer and you may not find a thing cause locals hit daily - got some
spots that get pounded for the new drops but if you hunt slow in all metal - you can get a deep piece of silver or gold still :thumbsup:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if possible - you got to go deeper out or deeper down
I wish i could go farther out at a ton of places - ive found nice gold on my tip toes at neg. low tides
believe me theres more out there
I got spots that get hammered in summer and you may not find a thing cause locals hit daily - got some
spots that get pounded for the new drops but if you hunt slow in all metal - you can get a deep piece of silver or gold still :thumbsup:
The machine I had was a Tesoro Tiger Shark or Sand Shark I don't remember and I think for coins it was good for 10-12 inches, so I was certainly getting average depth on the dry sand, it wasn't black sand or anything... I also didn't have a lot of time to try to go further out, it was clear that water had not been hunted so as long as I was getting coins and targets that were good, I stayed where I was... ha ha ha

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a NEMO ? this ?
th
People have been finding gold coins in the area of Fredrick Douglas memorial park since there is a rich wreck offshore and I have two big targets in that same area that could possibly have to do with the wreck.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a has been :tongue3:
Im retired and thought id be able to hunt even more
think ive been out less than 10 times in last few yrs
my feet finally got healed - wound just opened up again
i return to doctor next week :BangHead:
I’m hoping that you will get better soon my friend..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions