What's new

Qrter Stater Field - Day 11...FINISHED

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad & I made sure we had enough time together to get this field finished - we detected for 4 hours 45mins. We met the farmer & he said we had made good progress from the last time we saw him. I asked him how much land had we covered in the 11 days, he said 15 acres & we were quicker than the old 1 man, 1 horse & plough (1 acre a day) :D

No hammered in this last part of the field but still a good day:

2 Scrappies
2 Lead Tokens
Livery Button
'Barrel' shaped Medieval Mount
17th C Token
Roman Steelyard Weight
2 Roman Pin heads

A stunning last 30 minute find - 17th C Clock Key (one of my best Keys):
http://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/224796
http://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/8398

:blob7:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    115.8 KB · Views: 499
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    73.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 606
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    94.7 KB · Views: 614
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    69 KB · Views: 681
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    42 KB · Views: 830
Upvote 0
Absolute beautiful key! A great finish from a very good field!
 
Lovely key mate :icon_thumleft:
 
Westfront said:
Absolute beautiful key! A great finish from a very good field!

Thanks, can you think how rare the 17th C Clock would be, right now :o
 
CRUSADER said:
Westfront said:
Absolute beautiful key! A great finish from a very good field!

Thanks, can you think how rare the 17th C Clock would be, right now :o

Would be invaluable.... They must be even scarce back then...
 
Westfront said:
CRUSADER said:
Westfront said:
Absolute beautiful key! A great finish from a very good field!

Thanks, can you think how rare the 17th C Clock would be, right now :o

Would be invaluable.... They must be even scarce back then...
Yes, high end piece for the very rich.
 
Nice Barrel Key . :notworthy:
 
HISPAN said:
Nice Barrel Key . :notworthy:

I have never seen a recorded example of a barrel key with a two prong end. I have many types of barrel key & this isn't one of them :thumbsup:
 
:hello: I'd settle for that any day. I always enjoy your posts.
 
That clock key is most impressive!
 
umrgolf said:
Heck of a key Crusader.. love the engraving :headbang:
So do I, it puzzelled me for awhile on age, it had a kind of 16th C look :icon_thumright:
 
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
Nice Barrel Key . :notworthy:

I have never seen a recorded example of a barrel key with a two prong end. I have many types of barrel key & this isn't one of them :thumbsup:
I was confused , is a Clock Key ...large enough so the confused :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom