Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend of mine's girlfriend works at Aldi's. Yesterday a guy came in with $200 worth of quarters in coin rolls. Upon opening one of the coin rolls the woman discovered that most of them were silver. She called her boyfriend and he came over to replace the silver ones with the crappy ones we all use now. I'm thinking that these coin rolls were probably stolen. This is one good reason why you should never put your detecting finds into coin rolls.

Attachments

• received_704568970954008.jpeg
    received_704568970954008.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 198
  • received_1001716070469855.jpeg
    received_1001716070469855.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 192
Upvote 10

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Even junkies and meth heads have enough sense to go to a pawn shop...this was an estate dump by heirs from out of the area that could care less. Their loss is your gain. BTW, where in upstate NY did this take place (i.e. general vicinity of what city...)?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Even junkies and meth heads have enough sense to go to a pawn shop...this was an estate dump by heirs from out of the area that could care less. Their loss is your gain. BTW, where in upstate NY did this take place (i.e. general vicinity of what city...)?
That’s what I’m thinking. When I was roll hunting, I’d occasionally find solid rolls of silver, at least a dozen times. Heirs just unknowingly cashing in rolls. Most folks are really dumb when it comes to coins, I had co-workers and family bringing 1964 nickels for me to ID after educating them on silver years. Then again, it could’ve been a crackhead using grandpa’s stolen silver because you know, only grandpas collected old coins. /s

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG!! That's a lucky day there! Unfortunately, I think you are likely correct about them being stolen.

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
A friend of mine's girlfriend works at Aldi's. Yesterday a guy came in with $200 worth of quarters in coin rolls. Upon opening one of the coin rolls the woman discovered that most of them were silver. She called her boyfriend and he came over to replace the silver ones with the crappy ones we all use now. I'm thinking that these coin rolls were probably stolen. This is one good reason why you should never put your detecting finds into coin rolls.
In all my years of coin roll hunting congratulations on that that’s gotta be the Best score of quarters I have ever seen and I have found a lot of them but never have I’ve seen that many standing liberties

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Estate dump. not stolen detecting silver.
Clueless = profit for the knowing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread