What's new

Quarter ?s

chow

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
MIDWEST
Quarter ?'s

Went through a box of quarters last night and found 1 silver, 1 low-leaf Wisconsin (yay!), and a copper colored Connecticut. The CT quarter is this color on both sides, but seems to be no sign of pitting (acid) or loss of detail (painted) - wondering if I should take this in and have someone look at it? Let me know what you think...
 

Attachments

  • quarters 022410.webp
    quarters 022410.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 434
Upvote 0
Re: Quarter ?'s

First time that I can remember someone posting results of a quarter box search. Quarters are tough. Good score on the one you found :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich
 
Re: Quarter ?'s

Nice, I just searched a $500 bag of quarters, as someone poached my $1k bag of dimes....I found zero, zilch, nicht. I did find about 12 non-silver Canadians, which I threw back into the bag, lol!

ffd
 
Re: Quarter ?'s

I've had numerous coins that look toned like yours does. I don't know what does it, but it is after market, and a negative, not a positive. No one thought it was worth anything more than a quarter.

Great find on the lower leaf though! I too just found one, about two weeks ago. Nice find.
 
Re: Quarter ?'s

It is after market gold plated. No significant amount of gold and is worthless to a collector. Popular on late-night coin shopping programs.
 
Re: Quarter ?'s

It's been awhile since someone posted pictures of a silver quarter being found in bank rolls. Nice find! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Quarter ?'s

Great early silver quarter. Of the 127 I've found I think less than half a dozen are in the 30s ... so that's a good one!

Brian
 
Re: Quarter ?'s

Rich Hartford said:
First time that I can remember someone posting results of a quarter box search. Quarters are tough. Good score on the one you found :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

Your comment made me laff, minus that 1936 one he'd of not need the picture :laughing7: .
 
Re: Quarter ?'s

obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:
First time that I can remember someone posting results of a quarter box search. Quarters are tough. Good score on the one you found :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

Your comment made me laff, minus that 1936 one he'd of not need the picture :laughing7: .

I think the extra leaf is noteworthy and I would love to find one of those more so than the silver.....

Mojo
 
Re: Quarter ?'s

Good find. silver quarters are very dificult to come by.

I was lucky on one roll I searched and found one silver one too.

DW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom