JohnDee1 Sr. Member Joined Jul 28, 2018 Messages 314 Reaction score 474 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgia Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 1, 2019 #1 Hey y’all I went to a new creek and found this pottery and what I believe to be a quartz projectile point. Is it one, and if it is one can anyone give me what type/age it could be? Thanks as always! Upvote 0
Hey y’all I went to a new creek and found this pottery and what I believe to be a quartz projectile point. Is it one, and if it is one can anyone give me what type/age it could be? Thanks as always!
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Jun 1, 2019 #2 Nice piece of pottery but I am skeptical of that being a point.
JohnDee1 Sr. Member Joined Jul 28, 2018 Messages 314 Reaction score 474 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgia Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 1, 2019 Thread Owner #3 Yeah that it is probably just a banged up piece of slightly triangular quartz. An over active imagination on my part.
Yeah that it is probably just a banged up piece of slightly triangular quartz. An over active imagination on my part.
SportsmanAll Full Member Joined Mar 21, 2018 Messages 179 Reaction score 302 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 1, 2019 #4 Not seeing a projectile there. Deceptive piece for sure.
Huzzah! Sr. Member Joined Mar 16, 2019 Messages 350 Reaction score 608 Golden Thread 0 Location Old Virginny Detector(s) used AT MAX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 2, 2019 #5 I don't see any markings indicating that piece of quartz was manipulated by man.