What's new

Query: Do most here search quarters and dimes too?

Ju8vP3t

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
605
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sausalito Blvd Sausalito CA 94965
I'm relatively new to Roll Searching, but I stick with Halves, do most of you's guy's & girls search boxes of quarters and dimes too? What is the donomination (Box) of quarters and dimes?
 
Upvote 0
There are quite a few folks that pick dimes but no many do quarters ( low % of keepers ) ...if I remember right a box of quarters is 500.00 and 200.00 for dimes and bags are $1000.00/ each at least the big bags are ... I dont pick anything but halves but someone that does pick other coins will chime in and will be more helpful, best of luck , Ed
 
I like dimes!

HH
-GC
 
Let me correct my buddy Ed......you have to excuse him sometimes......age I guess, but don't say anything to him okay.......a box of dime is actually $250. Sorry Ed...couldn't resist........ :wink: Okay, your turn now.

I search dimes occasionaly and probably average 1 or 2 silver dimes per box. As for the quarters, I don't mess with them. Like Ed mentioned....very low keeper rate. Your best bet of the two would be the dimes.

If you do try either....good luck.
 
Thanks Gentlemen, I've been Searching Halves only now for a few months, today was a ZERO day, nothing out of 2 boxes, got to pick up another 2 tomorrow, maybe they'll be better, I was wondering about the dimes though, I may try a box next Tuesday, since I've already turned in my order for Monday
 
I've only done halves so far. I'd like to try dimes just for kicks but I haven't as yet.
 
I like to search dimes for a change from halves. I find 1-4 silver in a $250 box. I searched a $1,000 bag of quarters and found no silver. I did find all but 2 state quarters so put together a second book.
 
I do quarters and dimes I have better luck with dimes. I average 1 silver quarter in about $2500 and 2 silver dimes in $500 I get them by the bag, and the bank here bags dimes and quarters at $500 each.
 
Man Ed you've been getting beat up this week!!! Hang in there buddy!!
 
USMCLion said:
Man Ed you've been getting beat up this week!!! Hang in there buddy!!




Oh thanks Ryan , I am used to it by now ... that damn LJ is is always slamming me for something ... she is mean watch out for her lol, Ed
 
Just finished going thru 4 boxes of dimes totaling $1000. Got 3 out of 1 box, the rest, zip.

Thats much better than I do with boxes of halves.

10 is the new 50

AMC
 
Scalper said:
USMCLion said:
Man Ed you've been getting beat up this week!!! Hang in there buddy!!




Oh thanks Ryan , I am used to it by now ... that damn LJ is is always slamming me for something ... she is mean watch out for her lol, Ed

LOL....Eddie Walker is so much fun! But.....he had better be on his toes!!!
 
If I can't pull Halves or "BIG DOLLARS" out of a bank, I buy up all the dimes they will sell me. "What No Dimes"? I'll buy up Nickles. No Nickles ? I'll buy Penny's.

"Did you say you have lots of Quarters"?......No thanks. LOL

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom