• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,944
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 2,695
Upvote 0
just front ......the back seems normal.

It looks like a misprint. If so it's valuable! Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about can be more specific. Very curious.

Born Free

It seems like a coating on the top of it and its all I can do not try try and pick it off to see if its an error underneath ......waiting for someone to tell me not to ;D

It looks like someone glued two Lincoln Cents together and popped them apart. Now what you are seeing is the glue with the reverse image of another coin.

VPR

check real close to see if its a metal imprint from another coin but what I find interesting is all the dots on the coin as no stuck coin on the die that imprinted onto the next coin would produce the dots. cool find!!!

Vickilynn what you have there is a rare error coin . As you may or may not know all coins are printed with the heads upsidedown from the tails side. You can see the upsidedown side comming through the heads side I would say If you go to e-bay and uder coins in the query box put error penny , you may see a few more examples of this . However do not sell that penny until you get about five or six offers or take it to a coin dealer if not several . I can tell you it is rare I have been collecting penny's all of my life those are few and far between . I would estimate it at over 100 dollars and coud bring as high as 200. Do not clean it as it has great value just the way it is put it in a coin sleave and try not to get finger prints on it . good luck and let us know . that is a rare and awesome find. Rob :coffee2:

underdogger said:
Vickilynn what you have there is a rare error coin . As you may or may not know all coins are printed with the heads upsidedown from the tails side. You can see the upsidedown side comming through the heads side I would say If you go to e-bay and uder coins in the query box put error penny , you may see a few more examples of this . However do not sell that penny until you get about five or six offers or take it to a coin dealer if not several . I can tell you it is rare I have been collecting penny's all of my life those are few and far between . I would estimate it at over 100 dollars and coud bring as high as 200. Do not clean it as it has great value just the way it is put it in a coin sleave and try not to get finger prints on it . good luck and let us know . that is a rare and awesome find. Rob :coffee2:
Thank you for the info I hope you are right.
What are your thoughts about stuff on the top of the coin?

VERMONTPACKRAT said:
It looks like someone glued two Lincoln Cents together and popped them apart. Now what you are seeing is the glue with the reverse image of another coin.

VPR

My Thoughts exactly. You can see where some of it is missing.

Anthony

You are going to have to be the judge of that . I think from what I can see that if you remove the glue or substance you are still going to see the back imprint of the coin . Please if possible can you take a picture of the back of the coin the intact as you say tail side . Reason being there is what they call a "wide AM " am as in AMERICA IF the AM in america are touching it is not the wide am veriety . However if there is a small space btween AM in America it is also a rare veriety. Back to the heads side I really think you should take the coin and let a pro look at it . Go to a Local coin show , they are in major cities about once a month. There you can pass it under the noses of many vendors.
I understand the urge to peal that layer off and like I say better safe than sorry . I can not think it would hurt to remove it . I guess that would have to be up to you .Rob :coffee2:

I'm sorry to say that this coin very much looks like it previously had another penny stuck to it, it would appear that you can see the air bubbles in the glue in the picture. Also, be advised that many people have nothing better to do but make fake error coins. I go to a coin guy who is well known and respected around my way (ANACS and PCGS dealer). I've brought in several "error" pennies only to discover that most were forgeries created by machine pressing two pennies together. The simplest way to find out is to just go to your local coin shop and show them the coin. I hope for your sake you get good news but be prepared for the latter! Take care and HH!

ok so ............ it was just glue :( . but on a better note i did find this nice 1972

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,540
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 876
thanks for all your info & support !!!!

penny lover - Vickilynn

nice 1972 dbl die.. if it was in ms-65 it would be $700.00 MR TUFF

Good eye findin that '72 :hello2:
I'm always checking my change, people think I'm crazy.
they don't know what's out there! Congrats :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back