What's new

Question about buying rolls

walnuthead

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
37
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lawton, Oklahoma
What are the best types of rolls to buy? I read a post about the rerolled brinks stuff and that is pretty much all I have been getting lately, or at least I think it is. The rolls I have been buying are not the rolls that I count out and sell back with the folded ends. They are machine type rolls I believe. Is it better to buy rolls that obviously someone has has counted out and sold back to the bank or store or whatever. I have been leery about buying these because I do not know if they are being sold back by a collector and have already been searched. I mark all of the rolls with 4 black sharpie lines around the roll to let others know that they have been searched. I am hoping that others are doing the same but you never know. Anyways, should I be looking for the rolls that are sold back to the bank from normal customers or stick with the machine wrapped ones? Which would result in more pulls? Thanks for any help.
 
Upvote 0
As an addon to the previous post, I work as a cashier and have noticed that I usually find at least one wheat cent every roll that I open at that location. On the other hand, buying cent rolls from a store near my house, I never find a wheat. Is this just coincidence or could it be from the different suppliers or banks that they go through?
 
I almost never get handrolled coins, but from my limited experience I have done better with machine rolled.

I would go through all of the penny rolls you can. Maybe find out which bank they get their coins from and hit them up. One wheat a roll is pretty darn good!
 
Also, finding silver in dime rolls are pretty consistant. You find about 2-3 silver dimes per box. Half dollars are a hit or miss.
 
I really think this is something that is area specific. I usually only search customer rolled coins but I have had luck both. The majority of my numbers match that of people who search machine rolled consistently. The one thing you may give up by searching machine rolled is the chance to find a solid roll. HH, SE :thumbsup:
 
Actually i found hand rolled pennies to be just as good or better then machined rolled.Hand rolled pennies often have dimes in them especially the ones that came from those cheap personal rolling machines.On a small possibly dumb note they are also easier to open which in the long run saves a lot of time.
 
Thanks for the replies. I do like the hand rolled because you have a wrapper to wrap them back up in and sell back and the person that rolled them may be in dire straits (<<<great band, btw) and roll up cents that they were saving. Just a wishful thought probably but it would be awesome. Will keep looking through both I guess because it seems that it is mainly luck to finding the goodies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom