Question about cleaning canvas bags

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I was considering cleaning my canvas bags I dump my coins in... I am sure many of you are thinking I am crazy for even giving this a thought, since coins are so dirty.

when bringing my coins to my truck to be loaded, I set them on the dirt/brown rock driveway, staining the decent shape canvas bags.
I was wondering if anybody has ever tried cleaning their canvas bags, I am seeking advise.

Thanks ,
HH
Buff

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have - I just throw them in the washer/dryer like dirty clothes.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a lot of 10 canvas bags, I've been using the same set of 4 for over 4 months now, no signs of wear, definately the best investment I've made too, and to think, at the time, it only cost me $3.00 in 40% halves :)

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spilled a soda on mine. I put it in the wash with the towels and it came out fine. I let it air dry.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a lot of 10 canvas bags, I've been using the same set of 4 for over 4 months now, no signs of wear, definately the best investment I've made too, and to think, at the time, it only cost me $3.00 in 40% halves :)
mine were free at my local bank. I think one of the managers is a coin hunter as it doesnt cost anything to buy boxes or dump.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 26 of them. I just throw into washer/dryer like dirty clothes.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coolpix - I especially like the ones with the giant dollar sign on them ($). I'm pretty sure if you walk out of the bank with one of those in your hand, you will either get arrested or robbed.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9, I ordered mine from banksupplies.com in december! :)

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Dumb question...do you wash them inside out? Just got one a few weeks ago and it's starting to get pretty filthy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread