Question about Dredging in Washington state

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've read the gold and fish pamphlet from fish and game. Do I understand correctly that all the river and stream beds are State property? And dose this mean that there are no claims on them? Are there in fact claims on the rivers and streams in Washington? or can I just go anywhere listed in the pamphlet? Any one know any thing about this? Thanks

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The last few pages of the pamphlet show what rivers are open to dredging and during which dates. As to claims, only federal lands can be claimed, like Nat. forest lands. State property cannot be claimed. The rivers are not all owned by the state, they are regulated by it. If you go into Nat. forest lands, beware of claims, but state lands are wide open. Good Luck

OP
OP
H

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Mike, I will consult the blm's LR2000 b4 dredging. What do you know about the beach mining area? Just need to have some au for mental health this winter.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EMERGENCY measure in legislature/passed already? to ban all in stream mining...I just read passed ??.., very sorry but read extensively...check before you procede as you know the forest/fish cops. John

Last edited:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not read anything new except for the emergency closures of a few rivers due to the drought and warm water. They've begun to remove some restrictions already due to the fall weather we're getting now. Info here

http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/emergency_rules/2015/wsr_15-19-012.pdf

and here

Mineral Prospecting & Placer Mining Regulations and Permits (Gold and Fish Pamphlet) | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife

As for gold on the beach, the answer is yes, it's in the black sands around North Head on the Long Beach peninsula, some areas around Westport and on the South side of Moclips river to name a few. Be aware that it is mostly -200 size and hard to capture with a standard sluice. Gold Cubes and sluices using vortex or V matting work about as good as possible with such small stuff. Use the search function on this website and you'll learn much more, as will searching on youtube for Washington beach mining videos. Here's mine:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just talked to Washington fish and wildlife head a few days ago....nothing has changed as far as normal dredging allowed per the pamphlet????? Could you please post a link to the bill and the passing vote John?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks winner :)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Article in local paper under national news last week, read to son and he freaked too, hope to LL not true as we and Oregon are toast and a 3 fer sucks. Enviros so full of themselves they put out press releases sometimes before their insidious bills pass. Hope it's wrong :icon_scratch:-John

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread