Question about Garrett coils

No you can't. Besides the plugs are different and even with an adapter they don't work together. You need to buy AT Pro coils.

No you can't. Besides the plugs are different and even with an adapter they don't work together. You need to buy AT Pro coils.

Omfg I can't afford all these coils they are expensive!

Shop around and find someone who will sell you the smaller coil in place of the larger coil!

I see them for sale used, sometimes with the 5x8 coil, sometimes with two coils. Even with the large coil the savings on a used machine will make it easier to afford the smaller coil. There are a lot coming on the market due to folks who are new to the hobby and after getting a new detector realize they don't have the time or patience to use it. Check out craigslist or the big auction site. I got really lucky and got my AT Pro for a cool $300 on craigslist. It is an early model but had been back to Garrett for updates and still had warranty left on it. If you don't mind used equipment there are good deals out there.

I'm looking to trade my 250 for a 5x8 &/or sniper....Idk y anyone would downgrade...but, maybe its q gift for someone... But, I too am broke, but NEED a small coil for my trashy hunting spots... Hopefully I can get a good coil to go on my best friend

-beav3r

I see them for sale used, sometimes with the 5x8 coil, sometimes with two coils. Even with the large coil the savings on a used machine will make it easier to afford the smaller coil. There are a lot coming on the market due to folks who are new to the hobby and after getting a new detector realize they don't have the time or patience to use it. Check out craigslist or the big auction site. I got really lucky and got my AT Pro for a cool $300 on craigslist. It is an early model but had been back to Garrett for updates and still had warranty left on it. If you don't mind used equipment there are good deals out there.

Maybe I'll see if I can get the AT Pro new, and the buy the coil used? Also, I wonder if Garrett includes the 2 coils if you buy from their website instead of another. That's what they did with my Ace 250.

They do have an option to on the new ones that yes u can get it with both coils

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back