Question about my Whits Prizm III detector?

David of MS

Greenie
Oct 27, 2012
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question about my Whit's Prizm III detector?

The detector has a pinpoint button towards the middle of the bottom the the screen. If you continue pressing the button it will go into the all metal mode. What I don't understand is what does it pickup in this mode and nothing on top, I may have my sensitivity and discrimination settings wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David of MS

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phanntom

Oct 21, 2012
Retired and traveling
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di Pro SL
Whites Goldmaster II vSat
Whites Prizim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all metal mode it will ring up everything from a Model T, to a silver ingot. That's the reason nothing is showing at the top...in all metal, you haven't excluded anything. Turn the detector off and back on...this will reset the defaults. If you're in good ground, you can turn the sensitivity down...if it's in the desert...turn it up from default settings.

If you aren't looking for a cast iron stove you can turn off the iron which is at the left...now it won't hit on most ferrous things. You can continue to eliminate up the scale until you get to what you're actually looking to find. You'll find a lot of overlap in things you might want to pass over, but be judicious...to rule out pulltabs, you might be ruling out gold jewelry too...these are what you learn as you become one with your machine.

If I'm in a very remote site that likely has had little activity...I use all metal, because it's going to hit on so few things I don't mind digging an old teapot or horsehoe to make sure I'm not passing up something of value. I'll discriminate more if I'm in a trashy area just so I don't spend all my time digging pulltabs and bottle caps. You'll find your preferrences as you gain experience.

OP
OP
D

David of MS

Greenie
Oct 27, 2012
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for info

Thank you very much for the information. I'll give it a try.

David of MS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions