Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
cheap harbor freight detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im new to metal detecting. went to the local park to poke around had my lady using the whites coin master IV and i was on my fisher m97 . we found 2 quarters in different locations about 5 inches deep or so and they were mangled kinda warped looking one was a 2000 and the other a 1984 how long dose it take for them to warp like they did. the 1963 nickle we found was in good shape comparing to the others what causes this? KIMG0231.JPG

Upvote 0

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep lawnmower hits I find plenty of those every year....if they are just bent a bit I put them in a vice to flatten them and roll them up and cash them in.

Regards + HH

Bill

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep. Lawnmower. I just throw them away.

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i will keep them for now till it gets to a point of too many. one thing i noticed is the older whites coinmaster hits change better than my fisher witch gets all the trash had a hand full of nails to throw away on the way out. the 2 times i went out detecting i have found a pad lock at both parks both had shackles off.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep all my damaged coins. I have quite a few and am thinking about making a large necklace out of them, something similar as a sharks teeth necklace worn by shark hunters.

Why are you using the M97? It's a valve and box locator, did you inherit it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not inherit but got it off a neighbor for $30 unknowing of it being a valve and box locator. but it still tells me there is something in the ground. what would need to be changed for it to be a "metal" detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread