QUESTION EBAY BID..BUY IT NOW ?

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I would let it auction. You can usually get more that way. You can cancel the bid but it will probably make the bidder mad. I wouldn't end it. Just my thoughts though.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I agree with isabella1 - since you started as an auction - I would let it run - make sure you let the guy know.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comes down to how well you know the value of the item. Generally the people who ask for a buy it now know the value, know what's a deal, and offer less than what it's probably worth. I have done it some as a buyer, and as a seller I've been tipped off to things I had on that were better than I realized. In some cases I was able to modify my listing which probably gave me a higher price.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well .... IP ...i told him what i would take for it and he did not get back to me but he did bid on it........

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I had that happen a few weeks ago with a Rolex watch box,( I have had problems with selling those) guy wanted to offer me X amount to sell it to him right then, I delayed, I couldn't figure out how to do it so I told him to bid on it and he did and then got outbid and it went to someone else for more

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had offers by people wanting to BIN on an auction listing. Usually, they are looking for a quick deal. For the most part, I tell them that it wouldn't be fair to others and put in your highest price for a bid, maybe you'll win, good luck and thank you for the interest.
I did sell one item about a month ago to someone local. It was a Boeing Cargo Jet Display model. I already ran it a couple times with no watchers or sale and then lowered the price. He offered twice what I was originally asking so I sold it to him with a BIN price.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the others that generally a BIN offer is a stale deal. However it should be said that I have screwed myself before not taking one. It was a small item, a shirt starting at 16.99. The guy bid right off the bad, and then offered 18.99 to take the item down right away. I figured man, this guy pounced on it right away, this auction is going to skyrocket. Nope. no more bids. who would have thought?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread