0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Desertphile said:
Indeed, if there is anyone in the USA suggesting that hand guns and rifles be taken away from citizens, I've not heard about it and nobody would pay any attention to that person. The hope is that long-distance weapons are better regulated so that it is harder for mentally ill people to get them, and that it takes longer to reload between loading. It is also hoped that gun sales that occur without background checks and without the buyer attending a 'gun safety' course become regulated.

I cannot imagine what this has to do with hunting treasure.

There are people suggesting this - its the NRA and big gun. Great way to boost sales and increase membership dues / donations. All that one has to do is look at the posts on this board to see it is working like a charm. Gonna be a big big bonus season for these gun folks this year.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does your concealed weapons permit allow you to carry an AR-15 with 30 round magazine?
Do you hunt with a AR-15 with 30 round magazine?

Nobody's after ALL your guns Bob ok.

I notice in the English Bill of Rights the people are all referred to as subjects, that must be the difference, as in America we are not subjects here, we are citizens, We ARE THE PEOPLE.

Notice in OUR 2nd amendment in our BILL OF RIGHTS there is no exclusionary clause, there is no "limited to", "except for", "other than", "excluding" or any other catch 22 in it...... It simply says...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

What does the word "not" mean....... "used before a verb or clause to make it negative or give it an opposite meaning"

What does the word "infringed" mean....... "Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on, to wrongly limit or restrict ...

So not infringed would mean you can NOT act so to limit, undermine, encroach on, wrongly limit, or restrict............ Seems pretty clear to American Patriots here...

Now if the American right to keep and ber arms and the right to carry a concealed weapon for our protection scares you then by all means please do not visit America, we sure would not want you to be afraid....

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I notice in the English Bill of Rights the people are all referred to as subjects, that must be the difference, as in America we are not subjects here, we are citizens, We ARE THE PEOPLE.

Notice in OUR 2nd amendment in our BILL OF RIGHTS there is no exclusionary clause, there is no "limited to", "except for", "other than", "excluding" or any other catch 22 in it...... It simply says...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

What does the word "not" mean....... "used before a verb or clause to make it negative or give it an opposite meaning"

What does the word "infringed" mean....... "Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on, to wrongly limit or restrict ...

So not infringed would mean you can NOT act so to limit, undermine, encroach on, wrongly limit, or restrict............ Seems pretty clear to American Patriots here...

Now if the American right to keep and ber arms and the right to carry a concealed weapon for our protection scares you then by all means please do not visit America, we sure would not want you to be afraid....

So is the NRA's understanding of the constitution wrong?

"The NRA’s David Keene responded to the decision with the organization’s standard middle-of-the-road defense of the Second Amendment and the Bill of Rights.

“One of the things that people in these town meetings and other folks ought to look at is the constitution itself. It is possible and it is legal to put certain restrictions on second amendment rights,” he said, “but those kinds of restrictions have to be looked at very critically.”"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is the NRA's understanding of the constitution wrong?

"The NRA’s David Keene responded to the decision with the organization’s standard middle-of-the-road defense of the Second Amendment and the Bill of Rights.

“One of the things that people in these town meetings and other folks ought to look at is the constitution itself. It is possible and it is legal to put certain restrictions on second amendment rights,” he said, “but those kinds of restrictions have to be looked at very critically.”"

Ignore

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

If i had $1 for everytime i've seen you post the same tired old stuff Bill Gates would be jealous of my bank account! You've been like a broken record the past month and half, over and over and over again.

What part of "well regulated" don't you understand??

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If i had $1 for everytime i've seen you post the same tired old stuff Bill Gates would be jealous of my bank account! You've been like a broken record the past month and half, over and over and over again.

Must have been difficult not being able to respond huh.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Give me your mailing address, i will send you a dictionary so you can look up "shall not be infringed"

o8lu.jpg

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indeed, if there is anyone in the USA suggesting that hand guns and rifles be taken away from citizens, I've not heard about it and nobody would pay any attention to that person. The hope is that long-distance weapons are better regulated so that it is harder for mentally ill people to get them, and that it takes longer to reload between loading. It is also hoped that gun sales that occur without background checks and without the buyer attending a 'gun safety' course become regulated.

I cannot imagine what this has to do with hunting treasure.

"The hope"? Who's hope? Irrational FEAR of the unknown is a mental illness.

Hoplophobia: fear of weapons, specifically firearms
Panphobia – fear of everything or constant fear of an unknown cause

You should be seeking professional help, not creating legislation to rationalize a mental illness. I think we should regulate the movements of the mentally disturbed. Track their movements, regulate their online profiles and social media postings. For their safety of course.
We wouldn't someone getting mad at them because they don't understand their condition. That could exacerbate their condition and cause it to manifest itself into a violent episode in order to protect themselves from their own delusion of a perceived threat where non exists.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not really. I knew the record would still be "jumping" when i got back. I rest my case! :)

Sorry it ain't the Beatles? Do you have any other requests?

It's funny how horrible America is, but every Brit that comes wants to stay. Hmmm.........Jealous much?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really. I knew the record would still be "jumping" when i got back. I rest my case! :)

It's like our school system here You have to repeat every thing 20 0r thirty times before they get the point. So chill out and enjoy.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Every Brit'? Got proof of that?

This "you're jealous of us" malarkey seems to be a running theme amongst you Americans. Apart from having guns and using them to kill 10-15 thousand of your compatriots per year...what exactly do we have to be jealous of? :icon_scratch:

And, i never said America is horrible!

Last edited:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very familiar with about every reason good people believe we should not own firearms. Present family members included. I get it. And if any of you are interested in the real gun facts, they are available. There are plenty of good reasons for both sides of the gun issue. Except one:

As a gun owner, target shooter, former hunter and trained concealed weapon carry licensee, pleas tell me:
Why I shouldn't own a gun?

Would taking my gun make my home and family safer? Would I feel safer not carrying a lawful weapon as the law allows?

Though I don't target shoot as much as I want to, the money I spend in local sporting goods stores adds up pretty quick. Maybe $0.25-0.50/each for most ammo I buy. So a box of 50 @ $0.46/per round is a hefty sum for most people. But it is a hobby and we enjoy it.

Firing ranges are safe places to shoot but many just can't afford the liability insurance.
Outdoor ranges are fun in good weather but hard to find anymore.
Hunting restrictions are also affecting that hobby. Hunters provide a lot of revenue to States that allow it. Big game states like Colorado bring hunters in from around the world. Maybe $1,000 just to get here, licensed and then car rental, hotels and food, guides etc. Where do you draw the line on Hunters? My Pine Grouse guns are .22 caliber. Can't even go after big game without adequate firepower. The most popular long guns are built on military designs. Because they work. Just because a long gun "looks like" it could be fully automatic, they aren't. There is no need.

The one-shot-one-kill big game hunter doesn't acquire that skill overnight. Lots of practice. Lots of ammo and other gear required to get up a good hunt. Big game ammo is very expensive. So a common round is the .30 caliber. Which happens to be the most manufactured round in the world. It's the standard NATO ammo. 7.62mm if I have that right. So military amm = cheaper ammo
Military style weapons = reliable, accurate and easily maintained

We have been down the ten round capacity before. Bradey's law I believe. Think that made a dent in crime or murders?

Finally the best equipped weapon owners are gang bangers and drug groups. Mexico gets their high power stuff from the S-America military. Maybe a few special personal guns smuggled from the US but the heavy firepower is international. They outgun the Mexican authorities.

Just because you don't like the idea of extended magazine capacity doesn't mean we don't need it. If you are afraid of your own, opr families or ex-spouses and boyfriends, buy a self protection gun. Learn how to use it. :)
BB

I'm with you bufalobob!
If we give an inch, they will try to take a foot !
It will never end. All we can do is fight back!
How do we fight back though?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Gilmore "gun don't kill people I kill people" more people get killed with hand guns than any other weapon...

arm the teachers that will make people think twice...

I'm just as deadly with my compound bow try tracing that with ballistics....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

This "you're jealous of us" malarkey seems to be a running theme amongst you Americans. Apart from having guns and using them to kill 10-15 thousand of your compatriots per year...what exactly do we have to be jealous of? :icon_scratch:

You answered your own question.....Guns!!!!

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The NRA’s David Keene responded to the decision with the organization’s standard middle-of-the-road defense of the Second Amendment and the Bill of Rights.

“One of the things that people in these town meetings and other folks ought to look at is the constitution itself. It is possible and it is legal to put certain restrictions on second amendment rights,” he said, “but those kinds of restrictions have to be looked at very critically.”

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Just the decent ones I meant. And really man, you want to own a gun so you can kill 15,000 Brits a year? That is a lofty goal, but I wish you the best of luck with it. After all, a gun really would protect you from all those stabbings that happen on a DAILY basis.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just the decent ones I meant. And really man, you want to own a gun so you can kill 15,000 Brits a year? That is a lofty goal, but I wish you the best of luck with it. After all, a gun really would protect you from all those stabbings that happen on a DAILY basis.

Dano doesnt live in england,he moved,the crime got to be to much for him:sign10:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread