Question for the Technetics crowd

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking at upgrading my detector for several months and just found a lightly used G2 that is available. There are no scratches on the bottom of the coil and the head/screen are completely clean with no visible wear. Even the foam grip is clean and new looking. The owner was asking $500 but was not firm on the price and told me to make a counter offer. So my question is, what is a used, but virtually new G2 worth?

Don

OP
OP
D

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think I will offer 400 and see if he takes it. Negotiate from there. Thanks.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,

They are certainly a great machine. A demon in the trash. When you get a suspected iron target approach it slowly with the front of the coil and if it gives you the iron grunt then changes to high tone it is almost always iron. The best machine I have ever used to ID big iron. Very fast as well. Got rid of mine and regret it . Love the T2, but should have kept both. I would agree that $400 would be a good deal, but $500 might be the upper end. Still not bad for a nearly new machine.:laughing7:

OP
OP
D

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I plan on going back to the owner this evening and try to make a deal.

OP
OP
D

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All smiles today! :thumbsup: He took 400 for the G2! He couldn't find the manual but I found and downloaded it from the Technetics web site. Now, do I keep my 5500/D Series 3 (black case) or put it on e-bay? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don,

They are certainly a great machine. A demon in the trash. When you get a suspected iron target approach it slowly with the front of the coil and if it gives you the iron grunt then changes to high tone it is almost always iron. The best machine I have ever used to ID big iron. Very fast as well. Got rid of mine and regret it . Love the T2, but should have kept both. I would agree that $400 would be a good deal, but $500 might be the upper end. Still not bad for a nearly new machine.:laughing7:

Same here. I sold my G2 several years ago and only had used it a handful of times. (I just had WAY too many machines. 12+!) I trimmed it down to 4, but regret selling the G2. (One nice thing is, I get to use any of out Demo machines anytimne I want. But no G2,yet. )

OP
OP
D

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate all the input on the G2. Really feeling good about the purchase. Been reading the manual and familiarizing myself with the detector for the past few days and so far I am impressed with the ease of use and simplicity of the controls. Haven't got past the local school yard yet but in about 2 hours picked up $1.82 in clad and zinc's plus a bunch of trash. One additional purchase will be required, new headphones with volume control. This G2 blows my ears off! Any headphone recommendations?

Don

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate all the input on the G2. Really feeling good about the purchase. Been reading the manual and familiarizing myself with the detector for the past few days and so far I am impressed with the ease of use and simplicity of the controls. Haven't got past the local school yard yet but in about 2 hours picked up $1.82 in clad and zinc's plus a bunch of trash. One additional purchase will be required, new headphones with volume control. This G2 blows my ears off! Any headphone recommendations?

Don
Depends on what you will be primarily hunting. You can't go wrong with the original Gray Ghost headphones ($98.00). For Gold Prospecting the GG Nugget Busters are tops ($98.00) If you are like many people and prefer to have one ear open, the GG Rattler ($85.00) is a good option. It only has one ear covered.

I would stay away from music headphones. They are more tuned to Bass response. (Most people want to hear the bump de bump.) High tones can be hard to hear to almost non-existent. (Though KOSS/Racing Electronics makes the QZ5 for metal detectors and racing scanners. You have to have an adapter to go from 3.5mm to 1/4" headphone jack.)

That's my .02 anyway. scan0029.jpg scan0006 (2).jpg scan0023.jpg scan0016.jpg scan0026.jpg p1120776dt.jpg

I used to hunt with the Gray Ghost Black Widow ($135.00)

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried some grey ghosts out today and really liked them a lot

tabhole

Greenie
May 7, 2014
East TN
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2, Tesoro Silver u-Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't want to spend a lot for headphones, get a set of Treasure Wise phones. I use them and find the sound to be very good, especially for their price ( $26.00 ).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread