Question for you penny hoarders

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Haven't been super active with coin roll hunting as of late because of building a new home and all that stress that goes with that but I have a question for the penny hoarders. I have 362lbs of copper pennies I have hand sorted over the years and listed them on Craigslist to sell. I got a hit from a gentleman that's interested in long term holding of these since you can't melt them yet! and offered me $636 cash for them. There is roughly $556 worth of pennies in those buckets. So my question is would you take that offer or hold out for more. I'm not in a hurry to sell but thought if I could make a profit and not have to move them to the new home that would be great. I would only profit $80 off this deal. So I'm asking your thoughts. Penny or cent. Let's not make this an argument of what's right. Lol. Happy hunting!

UPDATE!!!!!! Relisted them on CL and within hrs I got a bite. I listed for $750.00. They just came over and bought them all for my asking price. So I profited roughly $200 on $550 worth of face value pennies. He was thrilled and said he would be interested in more when I get them. So looks like I have a local buyer. I love it. My wife is ecstatic. She could not believe I sold them for more than face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE!!!!!! Relisted them on CL and within hrs I got a bite. I listed for $750.00. They just came over and bought them all for my asking price. So I profited roughly $200 on $550 worth of face value pennies. He was thrilled and said he would be interested in more when I get them. So looks like I have a local buyer. I love it. My wife is ecstatic. She could not believe I sold them for more than face.

Sweet go buy yourself a ryedale and sort away, congratulations !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread