What's new

question from oldbie?

boris

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2011
Messages
475
Reaction score
92
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Over the last five decades I have found: "holed" coins and bits of gold and silver. Why do people do this? Did they have pockets back then? Some found on beaches and old horse trails. see pictures in What is it? Silver nuggets,etc.???
 
I was always curious too and did a little research and found out during wartime it was patriotic to wear coins as necklesses and bracelets and also heard of travelers sewing coins into their clothing in case they where robbed they still had money for food or lodging.
 
Upvote 0
They were sewed into their clothes so they always had some money with them and were protected from robbery......
 
Upvote 0
I dont think they had pockets either
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom