What's new

Question, Lite Disc?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told the other day after they put some stuff down on the field which stinks by the way they might do a lite disc to mix it into the soil. My question is how much of the soil will be turned for this? I am hoping for at least 6 inches. Anyone who knows do tell cause I have no idea. Thanks, rock
 
Upvote 0
You might g the most if you see the disc
 
You should get 6 to 8 inches in that soft ground where you are no prob ... That should work out great sorry about the last I accidentally hit the send button ... Have you looked at the disc and what kind it is?
 
Only prob disc are way worse than plows on artifacts lol
 
I bet it was anhydrous ammonia
 
in my valley it is all cow manure slurry....boy howdy! I tell my wife that it is just the smell of money.... and I love to poke at the "educated" folks that insist on "organics" ..."so you prefer vegetables fertilized with feces, I see...."
 
Any movement of the soil will bring an artifact out , it may only be under 1/4 in of soil, you never know till after the rain. No matter what they do I would go look.:laughing7:
 
Some rain will help too. they might plant wheat or some kind of sod for over the winter so you may only have a small opportunity before its all grown over.
 
in my valley it is all cow manure slurry....boy howdy! I tell my wife that it is just the smell of money.... and I love to poke at the "educated" folks that insist on "organics" ..."so you prefer vegetables fertilized with feces, I see...."

No its chicken poo and it really stinks. I went about a quarter of a mile away from it the last hunt and could still smell it when the wind blew just rite. He told me it was chicken feed so I asked him to be sure. He was laughing. Always playing tricks on poor old rock.
 
the chicken stuff makes me gag...worse than hogs in my opinion! cows and horses are like fine french perfume in comparison. bring your bandana next time, you're gonna need it.
 
I talked to him today and they have half of the field covered so far. He said probably next week they would disc it. I told him Id wait till the next rain and then walk it after they disc it. Maybe the grass will be gone after that. I found a section last yr that had points and Ill hit it maybe this yr I will find a good one. The creek is out till next January due to hunting season. There is another creek I can go to if I like maybe Ill try that one next time. Thanks for all the info everyone, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom