Question on CRH dimes

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
Is it common to find more Canadian silver dimes than US? I live in Northeast Ohio so I know that plays a factor but you would think you would find more US silver than Canadian. I'm not complaining because any silver is good silver. I guess another important thing to mention is that I have only hunted $465 in dimes and have found 3 80% silver Canadians and 2 Rosie's.

Upvote 0
For the dimes I have done I have yet to find a silver Canadian, a lot of clad ones but no silver. Heck my first box I actually ended up with a nice looking merc from the 40s. I am in South Dakota and have done roughly 1.3k in dimes.

For the dimes I have done I have yet to find a silver Canadian, a lot of clad ones but no silver. Heck my first box I actually ended up with a nice looking merc from the 40s. I am in South Dakota and have done roughly 1.3k in dimes.

Awesome! A Merc on your first box!!! I'm still waiting for mine. Lol

I've only done a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of dimes, and it is not common to find more silver Canadian dimes than US. In fact, although I have found well over 100 silver Canadians, the ratio is about 1:15, and one silver Canadian per about $2,000 searched.

Is it common to find more Canadian silver dimes than US? I live in Northeast Ohio so I know that plays a factor but you would think you would find more US silver than Canadian. I'm not complaining because any silver is good silver. I guess another important thing to mention is that I have only hunted $465 in dimes and have found 3 80% silver Canadians and 2 Rosie's.

I live in northeast Ohio and I have found 6 silver canadian dimes and about 70 FDR I'd say. Where exactly do you hunt in Ohio? Just so we aren't going to go over each other's coins.

I have done around 60+ k in dimes over the past few years and have found only 3 silver Canadians . I have found more barbers than Canadians.

So far this year I have searched $65,619.40 in dimes, a mix of boxes and bags. I have found...

278 roosies - 1 per $236
9 mercs - 1 per $7,291
16 80% canucks - 1 per $4101
7 50% canucks - 1 per $9,374

...for an overall find rate of 1 silver per $211. I live less than 90 minutes from the Canadian border though, that obviously has impact.

$465 in dimes is too small of a sample to draw any conclusions.

So far in 2013
I have found 637 silver dimes.
40 of them have been Canadian (6.3%)

Depends how close to the boarder, for one. The other is how many people are searching & saving AG. Keep on stacking, even if it's Canadian.

I live in northeast Ohio and I have found 6 silver canadian dimes and about 70 FDR I'd say. Where exactly do you hunt in Ohio? Just so we aren't going to go over each other's coins.

I range from mentor to cleveland. 5th 3rd and huntington branches mostly. You?

sj that is a great average, wtg!

Thanks. It was closer to 1.5 per $250 earlier this year, but it's really tailed off. I did pick up another 3 roosies and 1 50% canuck from 2 boxes last night though!

I just pulled my first Merc out of the wild today and brought a friend named Rosie!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back