audigger53
Hero Member
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2004
- Messages
- 929
- Reaction score
- 3,234
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Severn, Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- None
- Primary Interest:
- Cache Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Why would someone hand the box to someone in 1862? The war was going on full time then.
Conjecture: "Wow I have been trying to work on this for 20 years or more and now I'll just give it to someone else? Not to family members but to some one that I might know as a friend? Just doesn't jive to me. But when excited by the story, I passed over that minor thing. How well did "Mr.Morris" know Mr. Ward?
"Hi, I don't know you that well but this has been in my keeping for a long time and I want to give it to you?"
Would you give a stranger to you something like this? A treasure buried and hidden somewhere. I'm not sure that human nature would do that.
There has to be a different reason for this. I have no idea what, but this part nags at me when looked at closely. Any ideas, comments on this part of it?
Conjecture: "Wow I have been trying to work on this for 20 years or more and now I'll just give it to someone else? Not to family members but to some one that I might know as a friend? Just doesn't jive to me. But when excited by the story, I passed over that minor thing. How well did "Mr.Morris" know Mr. Ward?
"Hi, I don't know you that well but this has been in my keeping for a long time and I want to give it to you?"
Would you give a stranger to you something like this? A treasure buried and hidden somewhere. I'm not sure that human nature would do that.
There has to be a different reason for this. I have no idea what, but this part nags at me when looked at closely. Any ideas, comments on this part of it?

On the other hand, "caves" have been a big part of treasure related lore and legend since the beginning of treasure tales, so why not play to that reference. In either case, if this alleged cave was the best they could come up with before departing with their huge treasure in route to hiding it then these men were anything but brilliant. 






