What's new

Question: Whats your opinion of Craigslist for buying rolls?

alexfm123

Full Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
121
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far West Texas
Hi everyone,

This is something that I thought about and figured I'd ask all of you as well.
Whats your opinion of posting a Craigslist ad saying that you will buy rolls of coins?
Something like, "Paying $11 per roll of Half Dollars", or "$1 per penny roll"?

Im unsure about doing it, and Im interested in your opinions.

Thanks,
Alex.
 
Upvote 0
I have thousands of half rolls to sell you if you are paying $11 for them!
 
alexfm123 said:
Hi everyone,

This is something that I thought about and figured I'd ask all of you as well.
Whats your opinion of posting a Craigslist ad saying that you will buy rolls of coins?
Something like, "Paying $11 per roll of Half Dollars", or "$1 per penny roll"?

Im unsure about doing it, and Im interested in your opinions.

Thanks,
Alex.

I did it to sell got lots of calls but not 1 appeared to be serious. Myself am just not interested in buying Silver when get it at face value; only way it'd pay off buying it is to get it so far below Spot (like $3 or more), and / or Silver prices keep going up, as have found selling so far for me the net is averaging about $3 below Spot on Ebay. Gotta be very careful here, find your niche that work$ for you and above all do NOT get greedy and take too big a bite.
 
You might want to be more specific in your ad. Everything silver in my area has been way overpriced.
If you are paying $11 per roll for halves, I'm sure you would have many sellers.
 
i'll sell you all you want at those prices and will even pay shipping. pennies or halves.
 
Scooba sold four boxes of halves today on craigs list for $2200.00.
 
Rich Hartford said:
Scooba sold four boxes of halves today on craigs list for $2200.00.

Do people buy cause its cheaper than what they can get?
 
I have no clue why someone would pay 50 bucks over the price. Same reason they'll pay $65.00 for a five dollar roll of 2009 dimes I guess,
 
Well, I meant if I were to post an ad saying, in a nutshell, that Im buying rolls of coins. Im considering it, and a few other things, but craigslist is kinda full of ......lets say irresponsible people. This may be a little off topic, but when I sold my Ipod, i got at least a dozen replies, but only one guy actually went all the way and came to buy it.

Thanks everyone for replying,

Alex.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom