What's new

✅ SOLVED Questionable items

sweetmimzim3

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
163
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Webster Co. Missouri
I have found a great deal of material this season and I have a few items which I'm unsure of. I can post more pictures if necessary
 

Attachments

  • 20151109_151502_001_resized.webp
    20151109_151502_001_resized.webp
    280 KB · Views: 117
  • 20151109_161013_resized.webp
    20151109_161013_resized.webp
    128.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20151109_161021_001_resized.webp
    20151109_161021_001_resized.webp
    84.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20151109_161145_001_resized.webp
    20151109_161145_001_resized.webp
    140.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 20151109_161156_resized.webp
    20151109_161156_resized.webp
    93.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 20151109_161317_resized.webp
    20151109_161317_resized.webp
    95.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 20151109_161747_resized.webp
    20151109_161747_resized.webp
    113.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 20151109_161602_resized.webp
    20151109_161602_resized.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 20151109_161441_resized.webp
    20151109_161441_resized.webp
    118.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20151109_161431_resized.webp
    20151109_161431_resized.webp
    110.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20151109_161435_001_resized.webp
    20151109_161435_001_resized.webp
    125.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 20151109_162244_resized.webp
    20151109_162244_resized.webp
    174.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Upvote 0
natural rocks and maybe a couple broken pieces of fossil seashells
 
Thank you for your reply. The reason I thought these rocks were artifacts is because of the location and large quantities of actual artifacts found in the same locations. None of these rocks were found by the river. I have seen paint bowls that were very similar to the rock I have pictured. I thought the one small rock may have been an undrilled pendant.
 

Attachments

  • 20151109_161323_resized.webp
    20151109_161323_resized.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20151109_161947_resized.webp
    20151109_161947_resized.webp
    112.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 20151109_161941_resized.webp
    20151109_161941_resized.webp
    78 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
First I'd like to say that most of the photos all of them except for the first one actually we're not on this post when I made my reply but looking at the rest of them I would say the same thing except for one of the pieces I thought was possibly fossil shell looks like a broken Flint nodule
 
You have one other Flint nodule with two fire pops broken off of it.
I can tell from the specific angles you took each of the photos you have your own thoughts as to what these are already.. just seems like it would have been easier if you started the post with the information you already had about their context as well as your opinions on what they are... that way we can get right to the point that is seeing if other folks agree with you :-)
 
Last edited:
Sorry, at the time I posted the first picture my internet was running slow, and I was aggravated. I'm sorry I left out my opinions. Which one is the flint nodule, and what is a flint nodule? Thanks
 
First I'd like to say that most of the photos all of them except for the first one actually we're not on this post when I made my reply but looking at the rest of them I would say the same thing except for one of the pieces I thought was possibly fossil shell looks like a broken Flint nodule

I have to agree. Everything is natural.
 
Well, Your item in photo #5 looks like a small hammerstone, that was used for knapping. The rest look natural.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom