What's new

questions about f75

Ky Red

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2013
Messages
88
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
I'm considering getting an f75. I've heard they are easy to use but are very noisy. I'm using an AT pro now and love it. I'm just wanting another detector.
 
The F75 will blow the AT Pro out of the water. It isn't any more noisy than other detectors. Many that say they are noisy have the sens jacked up to max.
 
Thanks for the information, sandman.
 
What Sandman said. You can turn the sensitivity way down, if conditions warrant, on an F75 and still get great results. If it is chattery, just ground balance and lower the gain. Some days I hunt with the sensitivity dow to 60 or lower. The advantage is that in conditions that allow it can be cranked to 90 or 95 and be that much better! Even a Ferrari has to be downshifted occasionally. ;-)

I like to run mine on a discrimination of 7 (just eliminating iron) and take the input from audio and TID as it comes so I can determine which targets are solid and repeatable from various directions. It's a little busier but I find some good jewelry that way that I might have passed on otherwise.

If you are in a very trashy site put in a notch and sweep fast. It will pick out coins beside tabs and caps.

The blue on the chart below shows the notch I use in pavillion areas when I just want to pick coins.

F75BARS.gif

And here are some targets I have dug or ground-tested and kept log of for TID results:

TID.gif
 
Last edited:
I use an F75SE LTD, and it can be noisy in a urban environment using Boost mode. It is a highly sensitive detector, and can pick up EMI easily. When you get a good target, it breaks through any chatter you might get. I run sensitivity at 65 in urban settings, 85-90 in pastures and fields. It's a very deep machine, and has extremely fast response.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
 
These guys nailed Red. If there is a ton of great information here in the forums. I highly recommend you download the manual from Fisher and actually read it. It is a great detector. There is a three part youtube video that goes into detail about the settings and what to expect from the F75 SE.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom