Questions on my CoinMaster Pro.

BYdetector90

Apr 2, 2013
I've had my machine for about a year. Got it in Lancaster Pa.
I did maybe two handfuls of hunts while I was there. Didn't turn up much.

I ended up in upstate NY where I do the majority of my hunts. I live on old farm land dating back to early 1800s. House is still here.

Question... Why don't I find much silver coins or any jewelery wth the coinmaster pro?

I've wondered if the name has anything to do with it. Jokingly ofcourse.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They may just not be there. There s not silver & jewlery at all places old & modern. Even a high end machine If its not there not gonna pick it up ya know. Have u tried gridding off the área into sections? Or mayb wave some of those good targets assorted coins, different jewlery some stuff will show under different icons ect pay attention to sounds not the screen no icons sounds ull find good stuff

OP
OP
BYdetector90

BYdetector90

Apr 2, 2013
They may just not be there. There s not silver & jewlery at all places old & modern. Even a high end machine If its not there not gonna pick it up ya know. Have u tried gridding off the área into sections? Or mayb wave some of those good targets assorted coins, different jewlery some stuff will show under different icons ect pay attention to sounds not the screen no icons sounds ull find good stuff

My house has yeilded many good finds. I have found silver but not as much as id expected. A silver sewing thimble. Two silver quarters. One washington quarter and a standing liberty. I also found a silver cross with a diamond in it. I just want to find more.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol mayb u cleaned it out. Mayb even try a upgraded coil to get further in the ground sounds like an awesome place to hunt everytime I get a,new machine makes all my hunted out spots brand new again. Hope ur able to get more silver makes it all worth it & brings up the moral good luck

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's more than you'll find at 90% of the places you go.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back during the depression, money was so scarce that people would look if they lost a dime. Sometimes we don't find much at old houses. I'm a believer of the theory that the more kids that lived there, the more coins you will find. If a family didn't have kids, the coin finds drop considerably. Kids played in the yard daily, rolling around on the grass, digging and burying stuff.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back during the depression, money was so scarce that people would look if they lost a dime. Sometimes we don't find much at old houses. I'm a believer of the theory that the more kids that lived there, the more coins you will find. If a family didn't have kids, the coin finds drop considerably. Kids played in the yard daily, rolling around on the grass, digging and burying stuff.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

U hit it thats the truth research on the history of the place will bring u very far WHO lived there any kids,ect

OP
OP
BYdetector90

BYdetector90

Apr 2, 2013
U hit it thats the truth research on the history of the place will bring u very far WHO lived there any kids,ect

Your points prove to be very vaild. On numerous accounts I've heard that. I've hunting abandoned barns and houses I found in the woods. Foundations. One place I got a tip of, is an old hide away for the Loomis Gang. One of the Loomis' was married right here in Hastings,NY. That's where my 'BRITANNIA' spoon handle came from. No other finds. Just the old water well.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Man u got a great spot with lots of history good history i myself would probly be there for quite a while spots like that I would tackle probly like this grid it off & go 1 way then again another basically like If u were mowing a lawn ya know then bring a smaller coil for precise sounds in the top layer then after all that a larger coil to get down further. Befor & while id probly check a couple different maps mayb some with the overlay option,gotta remember some maps are & give more detail then others. Also library is good for land récords,on WHO owned,how Long,If kids. Kids would b good playing droping things,hiding things,If there was a gathering spot,clothes lines ect o say all this mayb for the newer people just getting started looking for any ideas on how rk tackle spots this is just one way of many good luck all & happy hunting

OP
OP
BYdetector90

BYdetector90

Apr 2, 2013
Wow Man u got a great spot with lots of history good history i myself would probly be there for quite a while spots like that I would tackle probly like this grid it off & go 1 way then again another basically like If u were mowing a lawn ya know then bring a smaller coil for precise sounds in the top layer then after all that a larger coil to get down further. Befor & while id probly check a couple different maps mayb some with the overlay option,gotta remember some maps are & give more detail then others. Also library is good for land récords,on WHO owned,how Long,If kids. Kids would b good playing droping things,hiding things,If there was a gathering spot,clothes lines ect o say all this mayb for the newer people just getting started looking for any ideas on how rk tackle spots this is just one way of many good luck all & happy hunting

Thanks for the tip!
I'm only 1year into digging so I'm still hoaning down my technique. One of the houses down the road from here was torn down. There was an old swingset at one point. It yeiled me a couple wheats and one 1935 washington silver. I'm waiting for the dead brush to fall down so I can go back. Ill probably do that today.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, ive found with the buildings the early ones If they were tear downs u tend to get quite a few iron nails which enough of them may discourage so take ur time ur in no rush sometimes its,good rk come in with a,plan either just go for the deep items or do it in layers get the top layer of nails,trash ect from the first 1-2" then down below that ull have more odds of producing good finds I sometimes will only go for the good tone & items 4"+ so im more likley to go past the trash & nails. However u do it good luck & post those great finds like I said sounds like u got some awesome places to hunt

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my machine for about a year. Got it in Lancaster Pa.
I did maybe two handfuls of hunts while I was there. Didn't turn up much.

I ended up in upstate NY where I do the majority of my hunts. I live on old farm land dating back to early 1800s. House is still here.

Question... Why don't I find much silver coins or any jewelery wth the coinmaster pro?

I've wondered if the name has anything to do with it. Jokingly ofcourse.

If you're not finding it. It's probably not there or you haven't hunted it enough. I have a friend who uses a coinmaster pro and it is a bad ass machine for the money. It keeps up with my v3i on most hunts. The little concentric coil it comes with works really well in junky areas, especially in low mineral soil types. He finds tons of great coins and jewelry with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions