What's new

Quick hunt = 1917 Walking Liberty

RebelYeller

Jr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
76
Reaction score
363
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toano, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,
Tesoro Tejon,
White's VX3,
White's TRX,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
XP Deus, XP Deus 2, XP MI-6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday I went for a quick hunt in an old spot my group thought was hunted out. Got out of my truck and walked in ten feet, and got a real nice silver tone on the VX3. I wasn't expecting much, just wanted to test my new Double D coil, but low and behold this beauty was only 4 inches below the surface. It was about a foot from a fence post, which is why I suspect that we missed it for so long. Great Find = Great Day!

Screenshot_2015-08-31-12-45-14.webp20150831_101155.webp
 
Upvote 24
Awesome! That is my favorite coin and I can't wait to find one! Congratz on a great early date!
 
Those walker halves feel great in the hand right?! I found a 1917s back in April. Does it have a mintmark?

Good find!

Steve
 
Congrats on the Walker. That's a nice old one too.

Nothing quite like seeing one of those big silver hogs in the dirt, looking up at you.

Very well done, and best of luck to you.
 
No mintmark unfortunetly...:sadsmiley:
 
oooooOOOOOooo very nice! :occasion14:
 
The Walking Libs are a beautiful coin, & great one to dig. Nice job.
 
Good job by you! Nothing like pulling a fat silver!
 
That would be a great day in my book, even if it was the only thing I found
 
You just unleashed a beast with the dd coil on the vx3. The only time i put the 950 on is when I'm at the beach. Good luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom