Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals. Havent been out at all in a couple of months. Its deer season here in Maine and that is my passion in the fall. But theres no hunting in Maine on sundays, and I had about an hour to kill, so I decided I would hit the woods and try a spot I got permission for. I wasnt going to hit this spot til spring, but I'm glad I did. The first thing I dug when I got there was the half cent. When I dug it you could faintly make out Half Cent on the back but it is obliviated, hence the reason for only one pic. Dug a little junk before I got a sweet silver sound on the Explorer, and from about 6 inches out popped a 1911 barber dime. I was glad to see silver its been a while. Stayed a few more minutes but didn't dig anything of interest til I was almost back to the truck, where I dug this neat baseball coin. Frank Bolla I think is the guys name played for the Braves. I am going to look into it and see exactly what it is. Thanks for reading. Have a great halloween.

Attachments

• half.jpg
    half.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 707
  • barb.jpg
    barb.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 696
  • barb2.jpg
    barb2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 696
  • ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 695
  • ball2.jpg
    ball2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 693
Upvote 0
Right on bud!!I havent dug a Half center yet.
Our deer season just ended,I dont hunt like I used to .Got the freezer full though!!! :thumbsup:

Way to go Mainer, grats on your first half cent.

Not a hunter (but my sis is, go figure) but i know hunting is not allowed on Sunday in PA and VA as well

a very nice hunt! i have yet to dig a half cent.dig all kinds of coppers but this one has eluded me so far :dontknow:

nice Barber :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Guess Im not the only one the half cent has eluded for so long. I have dug countless large cents and other coppers. Funny how the half cent is so elusive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back