Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals. Havent been out at all in a couple of months. Its deer season here in Maine and that is my passion in the fall. But theres no hunting in Maine on sundays, and I had about an hour to kill, so I decided I would hit the woods and try a spot I got permission for. I wasnt going to hit this spot til spring, but I'm glad I did. The first thing I dug when I got there was the half cent. When I dug it you could faintly make out Half Cent on the back but it is obliviated, hence the reason for only one pic. Dug a little junk before I got a sweet silver sound on the Explorer, and from about 6 inches out popped a 1911 barber dime. I was glad to see silver its been a while. Stayed a few more minutes but didn't dig anything of interest til I was almost back to the truck, where I dug this neat baseball coin. Frank Bolla I think is the guys name played for the Braves. I am going to look into it and see exactly what it is. Thanks for reading. Have a great halloween.

Attachments

• half.jpg
    half.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 707
  • barb.jpg
    barb.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 696
  • barb2.jpg
    barb2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 696
  • ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 695
  • ball2.jpg
    ball2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 693
Upvote 0
Looks a return hunt is in order, nice going on your first 1/2, and the silver. :icon_thumright:

too bad that half-cent was in rough shape :-\ I bet there's some more early goods to be had there.. Hope you get some more quality hunting time before winter!

Jeff

You had an awesome day and found 2 coins I have yet to find thanks for posting

Congrats on the Half Cent and the Silver :thumbsup: Soup

Congrats on your first half cent , but I hate to tell ya the little half sisters get NO respect ..stil a great find and nice Barber as we!!

Great job on the Half Cent :icon_thumleft: I need to dig one. Any luck in the deer hunting department? Our season starts on the 13th.

VPR

Nice find. Heck a penny don't buy much anymore but a half cent ??? I know, that's when things were cheap and it probably was worth something. Nice quicky hunt :thumbsup:

Theres always next sunday ! Congrads on a first ! May your next have detail to spare ! MaineRelic

Thanks guys. :icon_thumright:

No luck as of yet VPR. But I'm hoping for a good one. Best of luck to you to. I know Vermont has some good ones. :thumbsup:

Congrats on your first half cent, I found my first the other day too.
No deer hunting on Sundays? What's up with that? If you work all week then it leaves you a Saturday to tag a deer. That's tough stuff. :(

Hill

great job there mainer...good to see your still out :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys. :icon_thumleft:

I dont know the reasoning behind the no Sunday hunting Hill Billy. It has been that way for as long as I can remember. Another one of the state of Maine's bright idea's I guess.

Great finds in an hour! Silver & Copper, gotta love it!
Best to you on the Buck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back