What's new

Quick Hunt Pays Off

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a couple of hours to kill today so I went out to the one Ft Ancient spot I can still hunt and crawled around on the hill and found a few decent pieces. I got two Points, both broken though and one is a Serrated Triangle type. Two Bone Beads, a Deer Antler Arrowpoint, a broken Discoidal, and a crude Sandstone Disc. The biggest Bone Bead and the Deer Antler came from two different groundhog holes in the dirt they had thrown out. Nothing killer, but still not bad for a couple of hours. The Bone Beads aren't very polished, but you can see the cut marks on them and you can also see the carving they did to make the Antler Arrowpoint.
 

Attachments

  • 100_6354.webp
    100_6354.webp
    102.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_6357.webp
    100_6357.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_6356.webp
    100_6356.webp
    97.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_6361.webp
    100_6361.webp
    99.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_6360.webp
    100_6360.webp
    95.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_6355.webp
    100_6355.webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_6363.webp
    100_6363.webp
    13 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_6366.webp
    100_6366.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_6362.webp
    100_6362.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
Looks like a good day Reap! Nice finds!
 
Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
 
I think bone beads could qualify as "killer". Wish I could find something like that around here, Thanks for the view.
 
Nice beads and antler tine. I would be crawling all over that spot. Thanks for the find pics.
 
Good hunt results. Thanks for the view.
 
Nice steve. Good score. Will that farmer let you sift that bank any? I like seeing all that bone you guys find.
 
Thanks for sharing. Makes me feel like I should broaden the scope of what I'm looking for when I'm in the field.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom