Quick Hunt Saturday. Anyone ever find Pewter Spoon Handle with Heart ❤️ embossed on it?

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend and I have detected here a lot. He got the best colonial stuff but I'm still picking through the iron or using 15 inch on field.
Sail boat pin ⛵️ is what's left of a tie clip. Rest of it fell apart on me. Probably 1980s.

Manged yet another flat button, wheaty from 1951, latch piece from something, key hole and spoon handle.

Keyhole is brass but it was in a little chuck of crumbling iron which is why it sounded odd. Indian signal but would go to iron if swung in right direction. Chipped iron off. Didn't take much.

Anyone know anything about the heart pewter spoons?

Unfortunately I'm really sick so probably not going this weekend.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20230312_175246.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20230312_175246.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 8
OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. Been a strep out break in my area and of course I got the uncommon one. Been doing the antibiotic thing since Wednesday when culture came back but unfortunately even 3 doses in my throat was closing. Tonsils were touching. Had to go back out to urgent care last night and get some nsaid shot and a few prednisone.

Everything at this site has been colonial and up. My friend found a few king george pennies, silver inlay shoe buckle, flat buttons and a trime. I've found a lot of flat buttons, lead tea cup, harmonica reed, 1893 indian, bits if pewter handles, suspender clip with a dragonfly and dove and olive branch. Nothing really post early 1900s. But modern change a one wheaty in the areas of fill.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great site! Get well soon!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend and I have detected here a lot. He got the best colonial stuff but I'm still picking through the iron or using 15 inch on field.
Sail boat pin ⛵️ is what's left of a tie clip. Rest of it fell apart on me. Probably 1980s.

Manged yet another flat button, wheaty from 1951, latch piece from something, key hole and spoon handle.

Keyhole is brass but it was in a little chuck of crumbling iron which is why it sounded odd. Indian signal but would go to iron if swung in right direction. Chipped iron off. Didn't take much.

Nice finds. Feel better

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Get well quick so you can get back out to that site! Looks like a productive hunt site.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Get well quick so you can get back out to that site! Looks like a productive hunt site.
Thank you. I've hit it pretty hard the last 2 years but stuff still comes out. lot of buttons and mid tones stuff. Pewter, indian, brass spoon, most of lead car, lead tea cup, watch case, 10k class ring was in ball field. Hard to get a high tone at this point unless I use oversized coil in open fields to try and get under their fill. But closer I get to foundation area, no fill , the iron is bad as is electrical interference abd lot of rocks and brick pieces. Sniper coil is best there.

My friend and I used to just throw the rocks or big iron in the thicket/woods.
This particular time a neighbor was complaining about the rocks and my friends not always so great plugs. But once he saw how neat I had been being he told me I was fine. Apparently he decided to mow semi into woods/ticket on property he doesn't own and said his kids had to move a lot of rocks and iron. Ppl don't like high grass around here even if it's not on their property.

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread