What's new

Quick question about boxes -

tenseventyfive

Full Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
131
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
as this will be my second time out, I'm thinking of ordering boxes rather than going in and randomly hoping they have 1/2's - tried this today and came up snake eyes. My bank didn't seem to know what dollar amount a box of 1/2's comes in - is it $500.? And do you all generally just order boxes? The tellers all seemed perplexed at three different bank when i asked both about how I might order and how much they come in - 1 TD bank, 1 Citibank, 1 Local CU. Apologies if this is a basic question, but if the tellers don't know, then WHO would, lol?

:help:
 
Upvote 0
Boxes of halves are $500 face value...bags of halves tend to be $1000 face value. We all do different forms of hunting, some order 20+ boxes per week, some only do customer rolls. It's all personal preference, do what you enjoy. Talk with the vault teller, or merchant teller, they will be the ones ordering the coins for customers. You will have better luck ordering a large quantity from a larger bank (more merchant customers). Best of luck to you, and happy hunting. Now get out there and find some silver!! :thumbsup:

KEverett
 
Unless they are brand-new branches, I find it hard to believe that a customer has never tried to order coin there; I know currency must be delivered there. They may be pulling your leg.
 
I'd say 1or 2 boxes a week until you get the hang of it. Then you can ask for a standing order each week. The bank that didn't know what you were talking about is either pulling your leg or should hire new tellers. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
Where as the tellers you are talking to might not know anything, whoever orders the coins from the bank can order halves even if they do not know it. You can remind them that the halves are on the order form . They might have a 2 box minimum or only order for business customers but again if they order coins they can oder halves. I have seen tellers not know they can order halves but have yet to see them not be able to order halves if they are willing to order regular coins for regular customers.
 
set up a rotation of several banks and have them order 1-2 boxes every week. pretty soon you will have a routine/route and start processing volume. volume = silver.
 
does this mean that i need to open accounts at a variety of different banks
won't this look bad on tax statements?
 
Kauka said:
does this mean that i need to open accounts at a variety of different banks
won't this look bad on tax statements?

Don't know about your state but I'm pretty sure the feds they don't ask you to itemize your banks, just total the interest if its over a certain amount. I don't know if there is anything that the banks report to them though.
 
Also join a gym, Boxes are heavy- don't want a hernia now; I'm able to carry out my 6 Boxes all at once, 3 in each duffel bag (depending on how worn your coins are they can wheigh as much as 25lbs per box). No you do not need to join a gym, just be able to lift them heavy Boxes in multiples at a time- either that or take a dolly in with ya.
 
Kauka said:
does this mean that i need to open accounts at a variety of different banks
won't this look bad on tax statements?

I open an account at any bank that says i need one in order to get coins .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom