What's new

Quick question on 90 %ers

SilverStrike

Greenie
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
How many 90%ers does it take to equal a full once of silver and does any one know the best place to buy 2008, "preferable with a 2007 reverse ;D", silver eagles... Really just 2008 silver eagles looking to find them at mint cost..
 
Upvote 0
$1000 face (2000 coins) 90% silver equals roughly 712 ounces of pure silver, thus one coin should have approx .36 oz of silver.

When you say buy silver eagles at cost, what do you mean? But them at spot price for silver? If that is your question, the answer is no place in the free world. Even if you are a coin dealer you will most likely have to pay a premium over spot if you are buying ASEs from a customer. Unless of course the customer is a complete idiot and you can rip them off.

Check out reputable coin dealers (if you know any) in your area and shop around. If you don't have any, Apmex has a good rep for an online site. I have never bought from them cause around here there are some good local dealers.

Good luck.

p.s. Watch out on "trendy" items that may have no numismatic value down the road. I bought a graded 2006 anniversary set of Eagles that is worth roughly what I paid for it last year. I am holding on to it but I fear that it is not going to go up much in value.

Jim
 
Cool thanks Jim, Reay just wondering if ordering from the mint is the best place looks like 2008 W silver eagle proof is going for 35 dollars, diffently wasn't thinking I could get them at the current cost per once of silver :).. The site is awesome, always a quick accurate answer. And thanks for the heads up on the trendy thing ;D..
 
coinflation.com is a great site to get an idea of what your silver may be worth. Click on "coin calculators" and go from there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom