Quincy for the day...

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can smell the pizza already!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I was in the vicinity I would stop by. Good luck to you and Karen.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Reed, I'm outta the loop on this one, you folks just out relaxing, displaced by a fire, had the USFS on your backs again or just wandering to relax?.................63bkpkr

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice place Pioneer RV park. Wife and I stayed there in 2008. Did a lot of diggin in the area. Found some real good gold down on the Feather river.

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on up to CC Redwoods RV Resort Reed. A buddy of mine and I will be testing a nearby bench today.

Ok Reed, I'm outta the loop on this one, you folks just out relaxing, displaced by a fire, had the USFS on your backs again or just wandering to relax?.................63bkpkr

We will be coming through CC at the end of the month on our way to Ft. Stevens, OR for a Fiber glass Trailer Rally :) We are just out traveling around and enjoying retirement. We were in Quincy for another Rally with a bunch of friends that got us interested in the trailer we bought earlier this year. We came out of my claim on the Yuba to go to the Rally in Quincy and now being summer is almost over we are gearing up for some traveling. We will be hitting the Oregon Coast and then up into Washington for a week or so in early October and then down to Southern Cal and Arizona. We really enjoy our little trailer and will be out a lot this winter. We have the metal detectors and some mining gear with us and we are making a lot of plans.

Snapshot.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love to hear that Reed :)
I just gave notice of my retirement effective in January and we are planning to get a trailer too. Maybe PM me with trailer selection tips? I think I want to be able to bring my Keene 151 dry washer along as well as my sluices and some camera gear and bikes...whew, lots of cargo. How do you handle that part?

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sluices and so on go in the car, plenty of room. a bike rack on the back of the trailer is common. Depending on the money, Oliver Legacy 2 is a great trailer but larger then many places or trailer spaces can handle. We have a Casita Liberty Deluxe, 17ft total length, 2500lbs with a dedicated queen bed that stays as a bed. It's small but works for us. Here's few links, all are good.
Oliver Travel Trailers | Fiberglass Travel Trailers
http://casitatraveltrailers.com/
Escape Trailer Industries ? Chilliwack, British Columbia
Lightweight Travel Trailers & Small Campers - Scamp Trailers
all are good, all are fiberglass, and the fiberglass trailer rally's are a lot of fun :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread