What's new

Raided a different state and did well.

jewelerdave

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
850
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I have not posted in a while...I took a nice long road trip, and raided every little bank in every small town I could find...I did well, very well.
Lots of solid rolls, lots of 40s
Had one teller shark a 40 from me. She pulled 3 halves and noticed one was silver, put it down quick and said she had a dollar. The teller next too her had $10 worth, I handed a ten and the teller handed the 10 in lose to the silver shark teller, She saw one 40 in there and so did I. She kept touching it, But was locked, she could not keep it. She counted it out and it bothered her to see it there. She counted it out and said, that one is silver, I just acted like "whatever" and took the coins LOL, funny thing in this small farming community had she gone across the way to the other bank and got there 5 hand rolls she would have gotten solid silver rolls!

What got me was so many tellers said they had pulled the silver or there was no silver. Odd I thought. But almost all the rolls I got where they said that...there was silver. Anyone else get this?

The one odd ting that really struck me is that I found NO COIN COUNTERS ANYWHERE , Or they made reference to counters in far off towns.

I am not going to post the numbers, But wow what a score.
dont worry Mark, It was no where near you.
 
Upvote 0
Good to hear of some success in these parts. I need another road trip just been too busy, always maybe next week haha. HH Mark
 
Most all the banks that I have hit out here in AZ, I really don't think the tellers have a clue as to what is silver & what ain't, I've had to many of them hand me 40 or 90%'s without even taking a second look! Good score Jewelerdave
 
Nice score JD. Loose and HR searching here is no good. To many CRHers, all dumps.
 
Yeah, I found lots of "dumps" too.

Although I am not sure if they were really dumps or just peoples non silver deposits, unfortunately not everyones Half dollar stash is loaded with silver.
Lots of account numbered rolls that were sizable but only had say 3 40s in them, but were tarnished too.
More amazing is the ones that are obvious. When you get a bright and shinny 64 in a hand roll of mostly clad.

I think that many just think that older coins are just that, older and a different alloy, like Canadian coins. Just because its all one metal does not mean its any more or less valuable. People know they are silver but not all know how much they are worth.
How many can really call something from the 1960s collectible, its not "old" enough.
I think also the belief that "everything has been taken that is value, or it was all found in the 80s etc

How many of us just find it hard to believe...even when its right in front of you, They are probably common enough in some areas tellers just don't see any value to them, they are just coins. Like older bills are just bills, they come in on occasion, but if a customer deposits them they must not have much more value than the face, and hence treated as such.
 
Hey JewelMan,

I for one would like to know numbers..... comparison type thing for different areas of the country.

I'm into my third box of four, Loomis.

Pulling a few.

Down this way hand rolls seem to produce much better. Finding them is the trick.

Robin
 
CaptainRobin said:
Hey JewelMan,

I for one would like to know numbers..... comparison type thing for different areas of the country.
Yea JD, what about those numbers..............LOL ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom