I was wondering for sure if this is a railroad luggage tag. I did not take any pics of back because it is blank. Any help would be great and thanks for looking.
I would say that is a key ring for if the owner ever lost their keys the finder would know who to return them to.
I am pretty sure i saw one just like it on a previous post, in the past 2 mos.
That is a cool find! The initials looks like it should be somehow tied to the Junior Order of United American Mechanics.
I looked up Byron Roe in the census - I wasn't able to find him in 1910 yet but he shows up in Poughkeepsie in 1920 age 36, boarder, widowed, machinist in a factory & in Albany in 1930 age 48, boarder, widowed, shovel operator contractor. SSI show he died in 1963.
These Key Checks were sold in stores and catalogs, and stamped with the individual's name and address (usually just city & state). Although many date from the 1800's, the same design was made and sold into the 20th century. Here's an ad from the late 1920's, showing a similar tag #7102: (the "Bull Dog" as shown in Deftones link). Look closely for the bull dogs face.